The Water Moccasin shot combines fruity sweetness, with a kick of whiskey, for a fun, crowd-pleasing cocktail.
Your guests will love this easy, 4-ingredient shot that goes down smooth yet packs a flavorful punch.
The Water Moccasin shot is the perfect cocktail for your next party. Its sweet, fruity flavors appeal to a wide range of palates.
This shot is easy to make in large batches ahead of time so you can quickly serve guests. Simply assemble all the ingredients and pour them into chilled shot glasses to have ready-made shots on hand for hours.
Why You’ll Love This Water Moccasin Shot Recipe
- Goes Down Smooth – This shot is perfectly balanced between sweet and boozy. The peach schnapps and sweet and sour mix provide a pleasant fruitiness while the whiskey and triple sec add warmth.
- Easy To Assemble – With only four ingredients, you can make large batches at a time and have it ready to go all night long.
- Great For The Holidays – Make these Water Moccasin Shots for your next holiday and get ready to kick the festivities up a notch. Another great holiday cocktail we think you will love is our Caramel Apple Pie Cocktail. It’s sure to get your guests talking.
Ingredients To Make Water Moccasin Shots
To make Water Moccasin Shots, you’ll need just four ingredients that tie everything together and take this recipe to the next level.
Whiskey – Crown Royal (Canadian Whisky) is most commonly used in water moccasin shots because it has subtle vanilla notes and a bit of spice and sweetness. However, you could also use Jack Daniels (Tennessee Whiskey) or Captain Morgan (Spiced Rum) in this shot.
Peach Schnapps – Peach schnapps adds sweetness and a subtle fruity flavor to the shot.
Sweet and Sour Mix – Sweet and sour mix adds both sweetness and acidity. If you don’t have a sweet and sour mix on hand, you can use ½ ounce lemon juice, ½ ounce lime juice, and 1 teaspoon simple syrup (or ½ teaspoon quick dissolve sugar).
Triple Sec – Triple Sec enhances the fruitiness in the shot and helps add a bit more alcohol.
With these ingredients, you can make Water Moccasin Shots with simple ingredients that are sure to wow your guests.
Cindy’s Tips And Tricks For Making Water Moccasin Shots
Find A Whisky You Love
Customize this simple shot to your liquor preferences. Take some time to taste-test different bourbons, ryes or whiskies to determine your favorite brand for the shot.
The whiskey you choose will impact the flavor profile, so find one you love.
If whiskey isn’t your style, substitute rum, vodka, or even tequila! The peach schnapps and citrus flavors still shine through.
Try Serving In Chilled Glasses
The sensation of sipping chilled liquor makes the shot go down ultra smooth!
Garnish With Lemon and Peach Slices
Take thin slices of lemon, peach, or both and place one on the rim of each chilled shot glass before pouring the cocktail in. The bright pop of color lets guests know they’re in for a sweet, fruit-forward flavor sensation.
You can skewer the fruit on decorative cocktail picks for an even prettier presentation.
FAQ About This Water Moccasin Shot Recipe
More Simple Cocktail Recipes
I found this recipe for Paper Plane Cocktail that I HAVE to try!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey – If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Your comment and/or rating helps other readers!
Water Moccasin Shot
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
- ½ ounce triple sec
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled– about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a shot glass and enjoy immediately.