Don’t you just hate those days where every single little thing that could go wrong does actually go wrong? Let me just make you a list of a few things that took place this last Tuesday:
- My coffee tasted burnt (should’ve known the day would be shit from that moment on)
- I spent 45 minutes creating a video only to find that the entire time, I was out of focus.
- Take 2 on the video… Turns out my microphone battery was dead and nothing was recorded. Except at least I was in focus this time.
- Had to struggle with getting the dumb battery out of the microphone before making a trip to the dumb Family Dollar to get a new one.
- Snagged my bag of bulk oats on the plastic bag holder in the self-checkout line at the store… read: oats all over the place
- Got out to the car with the cart only to find that I hadn’t paid for the chocolate that was under my purse. UGH. I NEEDED THAT CHOCOLATE! (i put it back. no way was i going to risk the karma from stealing. and no way was i dealing with the checkout line again.)
By the end of the day, I had just about had it. I ended up in my wife’s absolute favorite mood that I get in…
my f*ck it mood.
Oh I had HAD it. F this. F that. I didn’t care and was being totally sassy and didn’t care one little bit. I deserved to give the world some of my shit because of what it gave to me. It was karma to the world at that point.
But really, the only thing that was keeping me sane was that I knew there was a light at the end of this long and dark tunnel.
I may have had one more video to record, but I knew it resulted in me getting to sip on my favorite beverage ever.
Sweet Sweet Whiskey Sour.
Dude, you need this in your life. You need it today. You need it on game day. You need it every single day for the rest of your life.
And don’t be scared of the whiskey. Don’t say you hate whiskey and can’t drink this. Because my friend. You can’t even taste it in this bad boy. That’s what makes this cocktail the best ever.
Oh, and the fact that I used more natural ingredients than what a traditional whiskey sour is made with. No syrupy sweet and sour mix. No weird egg whites. Blegh. This is the way to go baby!
Let me show you just how easy it is to mix one up.
Now didn’t that look easy and yum? If you like lemonade but are looking for an adult spin, this is where it’s at!
- 1-2 ounces American Whiskey (depending on taste preference)
- juice of one lemon (about 2 ounces)
- 3-4 teaspoons of sweetener (stevia, agave, sugar, etc)
- club soda
- lemon slices to garnish
- In a low-ball glass, pour in whiskey. Start light-handed. You can always add more later if it's not strong enough.
- Add in the ice and sweetener. Give it a stir.
- Top the rest of the glass with club soda and a few lemon slices to garnish. Adjust sweetness and whiskey if necessary.