I'd pick this German Chocolate Cake Cocktail over a slice of cake any day! A wonderful way to celebrate a birthday, the weekend, or just any old night!
It’s just another boring Thursday. Nothing exciting. Nothing happening. Just plain ole’ blahs. Today isn’t anyone’s special day or anything like that.
Okay, okay, just kidding.
Today is my BIRTHDAY! And I am turning 25 for the 7th time. Weird how that happens.
What's my favorite birthday treat? Let’s see, here are a few of the desserts I’ve gotten in the past:
- Homemade German Chocolate Cake
- Some sort of liquor-soaked coconut cake (YUM!)
- An oatmeal chocolate chip cake
- Homemade Samoas
Are you sensing a theme here? Almost all these items have coconut. Like I said the other day, it’s an obsession I don’t plan on trying to fix any time soon!
This year I couldn’t really come up with anything that I was really dying to have. I’m kind of trying to stick to my healthy path, so a pan of brownies or a 3-layer cake really just didn’t fit.
You know what did fit though? Cocktails that taste like cake!
Yes, I know that cocktails still have calories and that they can add up quickly, but I can easily just make a couple cocktails and be satisfied with that, as opposed to eating half a cake all by myself.
After some trial-and-error and a couple of good buzzes, I am happy to say that my I created the most delicious German Chocolate Cake Cocktail that I would choose over any piece of cake!
- 2 ounces Double Chocolate Vodka (I used 360 Brand)
- 2 ounces Coconut Vodka
- ½ ounce Smirnoff Caramel Vodka
- 2 ounces coconut milk (from the Asian food aisle)
- Chocolate Almond Milk
- Whipped cream and toasted coconut , to garnish
- Put vodkas and coconut milk in shaker with ice
- Shake well to combine.
- Pour in a low-ball glass. Fill glass with Chocolate Almond Milk.