Kick summer off right with this Homemade Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream. There’s just nothing better than fresh strawberries to remind you of summertime.
Memorial Day. Most think of BBQ’s and a day off work when it comes to this holiday. And while I admit, I do love both of those things, there is so much more to this holiday that seems to be ignored by most people.
This holiday is about remembering. Those we have lost in the brave fight for our country. Those who loved our country so much that they were willing to put their lives on the line.
That is what it’s about.
It is a holiday that makes me both proud to be an American and also to be a military wife.
It is a holiday that reminds me that I will never take for granted the time my wife is home and safe with us.
I am so fortunate that we have never had to endure and experience a deployment, but I know that day could come any time. And I know that her bravery and dedication to our country and military is something would get us through that hard time.
But until that day, I will enjoy every single second that she is home with us.
And we will continue to remember those who have fought before her. Those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Those who have proven their American pride.
And with America comes the classics. I’m talking apple pie, chocolate chip cookies, and of course a classic strawberry ice cream. Fresh strawberries. Full of classic flavor. And in this case, it’s even lightened up and made completely guilt-free without compromising the all-American flavor.
This ice cream comes together with just a few ingredients and in no time at all. Before you know it, you will be celebrating the all-American way with something as classic as fireworks, funnel cakes, and the Star Spangled Banner.
There’s no better way than this to kick off summer.
- 2 cans coconut milk, , refrigerated
- ¾ cup soy vanilla creamer, (or additional coconut milk and an additional teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry puree, (blended from about 8 hulled strawberries)
- ½ cup strawberries, , diced
- Be sure the bowl of your ice cream maker has been in the freezer for at least 12 hours before starting!
- Either in a large bowl or in a blender, combine the coconut milk, creamer, sugar, vanilla extract, and strawberry puree.
- Once combined, pour it all into your ice cream maker, following the manufacturer's instructions. It will take approximately 20 minutes to set up.
- About 5 minutes before the churning process is over, add in the diced strawberries to be sure they get worked through the ice cream.
- Once churned, it's ready to put into a freezer-safe container or pan.
- Freeze for a couple of hours to set.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
Looking for more strawberry recipes?
Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Tart – Happy Food Healthy Life
Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies – Amy’s Healthy Baking
3-Ingredient Strawberry Citrus Sorbet – Happy Food Healthy Life
No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Ice Box Cake – Tried & Tasty
5-Minute Strawberry Chia Jam – Happy Food Healthy Life
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Yummly, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!