Dairy-free and no-bake is the name of the game with this chocolate coconut “cream” pie.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or StumbleUpon with the buttons above!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY ENJOY LIFE FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER AWESOME BRANDS THAT HFHL LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN.
When it comes to dessert, I have two main loves.
Anyone who knows me knows my obsession for them both.
First there’s coconut. I’ve been head-over-heels in love with that one for as long as I can remember. And not just the flavor. It’s the smell too. In lotions, candles, soaps, and sun-tan lotion. I love it all.
But of course, being able to eat anything coconut-flavored is my first choice.
Secondly, there’s dark chocolate. I can’t live my life without dark chocolate.
1 square of high quality chocolate after every meal to satisfy my sweet tooth is all it takes.
Things get even better when you combine the two.
Chocolate + Coconut = total match made in heaven.
The problem though is that my dessert options have been completely limited because of my ridiculously-finicky belly.
Too much dairy = a day of stomach pain and discomfort. So I’ve really tried to cut out as much dairy as possible.
But of course, creamy desserts are where it’s at, and that can be hard to achieve without actual dairy products. So I’ve been on the hunt for ways to make my favorite desserts super creamy without the added cream.
First thing’s first – vegan cream cheese and coconut milk are my best friends when it comes to creamy desserts.
Secondly, if I’m being really picky (which I generally am), I’m cutting out dairy in all products. So that means, no buttery pie crusts. No ribbons of milk chocolate drizzled all over. Nope. Those things cause the belly to rage.
Thankfully, there are so many products on the market to help me satisfy my sweet tooth cravings without all the added dairy. And I have tried many.
My absolute favorite dairy-free product line comes from Enjoy Life. Talk about lots of flavor, quality texture, and accessibility! I love that I can pick up all my Enjoy Life products right at my Kroger store, making it super simple for me to whip up this pie any time during the week.
Enjoy Life doesn’t just cover the whole dairy-free aspect of things, but they are allergen-friendly as well, always free from the “top 8” allergens. These days, it seems like there’s always someone with an allergy or dietary need. Making sure to use these specific products ensures that everyone can enjoy my yummy desserts!
And believe me – this is one you wouldn’t want to miss!
The sugar cookie base. A smooth and creamy coconutty layer. And you don’t want to forget that ribbon of dark chocolate ganache. Top that with a slathering of vanilla whipped cream. And holy moly, you have a party in your mouth…
without the knots in your belly!
[Tweet “Dairy-free and no-bake is the name of the game with this chocolate coconut “cream” pie”]
Dairy-Free Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie
Dairy-free and no-bake is the name of the game with this chocolate coconut "cream" pie.
- 2 cups Dairy-Free Crunchy Sugar Cookies I used 5 mini packs of Enjoy Life Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted
For Cream Pie Layer
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- coconut milk solids from 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (see notes for coconut milk alternatives)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
For Ganache Layer
- 1/2 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips I used Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups vegan whipped cream (see notes for homemade version)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut toasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, process sugar cookies with melted butter until completely combined. Press evenly into bottom of an 8-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven until lightly browned. Let cool while mixing up the cream pie layer.
- Blend together cream cheese, coconut milk solids, maple syrup, coconut extract until completely smooth. Fold in shredded coconut if using. Spoon mixture over cooled pie crust and place in freezer for 30 minutes, or until mostly solid
- Prepare chocolate ganache by melting dairy-free chips, almond milk, and coconut oil together in a small bowl. Whisk together until completely incorporated. Spread melted chocolate evenly over cream pie filling. Place back into the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Top with vegan whipped cream, toasted coconut, and chopped chocolate chips for garnish.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving. If serving later, cover with plastic wrap in the freezer. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Run a sharp knife through warm water before cutting through.
- Store in freezer for up to a week.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
Looking for more healthy desserts?
2-Minute Single Serving Apple Crumble – a super quick and healthy snack that tastes just like dessert!