Warmer months are here, and you know what that means in my world?
It means less hot oatmeal and more cooler-temped foods first thing in the morning.
And of course overnight oats right outta the fridge.
Yes, I base what I eat off of the weather...
...because I am kinda like an 82 year-old grandma.
But you know what? I get really sick of the same flavors day in and day out.
So I wanted to give you some options just like I've done for myself. Eat overnight oats every single day, but with these instructions, you can make them all a different flavor... most likely with ingredients you have on hand right now!
[Tweet "1 overnight oats recipes | 4 flavors = total yum!"]
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup agave (or maple syrup/brown rice syrup/honey)
- 2 cups almond milk
For PB Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon natural peanut butter
For Apple Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ apple
For Pumpkin Chocolate Chip
- ⅓ cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon mini dairy-free chocolate chips
For Very Berry
- 1 tablespoon strawberry (or any berry) jam
- ¾ cup mix berries
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flax, chia, agave (or other liquid sweetener), and almond milk.
- At this point, you can choose to make all the same flavor, and in that case, you would just multiply the flavor ingredients by 4 and add right into the bowl.
- Or if you want to make all 4 flavors, divide into 4 separate smaller bowls or jars. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, pumpkin, and jam each into separate jars. Then layer into a jar with remaining add-in.
- Let cool in fridge for at least an hour and up to 4 days.
- Eat cold or microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to enjoy warmer.