If you like this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or StumbleUpon with the buttons above!
Warmer months are here, and you know what that means in my world?
It means less hot oatmeal and more cooler-temped foods first thing in the morning.
And of course overnight oats right outta the fridge.
Yes, I base what I eat off of the weather…
…because I am kinda like an 82 year-old grandma.
But you know what? I get really sick of the same flavors day in and day out.
So I wanted to give you some options just like I’ve done for myself. Eat overnight oats every single day, but with these instructions, you can make them all a different flavor… most likely with ingredients you have on hand right now!
[Tweet “1 overnight oats recipes | 4 flavors = total yum!”]
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup agave, (or maple syrup/brown rice syrup/honey)
- 2 cups almond milk
For PB Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
For Apple Cinnamon
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 apple
For Pumpkin Chocolate Chip
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp mini dairy-free chocolate chips
For Very Berry
- 1 Tbsp strawberry, (or any berry) jam
- 3/4 cup mix berries
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flax, chia, agave (or other liquid sweetener), and almond milk.
- At this point, you can choose to make all the same flavor, and in that case, you would just multiply the flavor ingredients by 4 and add right into the bowl.
- Or if you want to make all 4 flavors, divide into 4 separate smaller bowls or jars. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, pumpkin, and jam each into separate jars. Then layer into a jar with remaining add-in.
- Let cool in fridge for at least an hour and up to 4 days.
- Eat cold or microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to enjoy warmer.
Each add-in measurement is for 1 serving. If you are wanting to make the entire 4-serving recipe one flavor, just multiply the add-in measurement by 4 These oats are generally served cold and uncooked. If you would like to serve them warm, feel free to pop in the microwave for a minute or so before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly