Quick and easy homemade Greek yogurt pancakes are full of nothing but real and healthy ingredients. And with how easy they are, you can make them on any weekday as well!
Healthy breakfasts. That's what I get questions on. You can manage lunch, dinner, and even snacks, but when it comes to breakfast, you're looking for quick and easy, but of course healthy as well.
Believe me, I completely hear ya. Breakfast time is hard. Mornings are rushed. Maybe you're not a morning person at all.
But these pancakes - they are the answer to your breakfast woes.
Pancakes. I know - they're total weekend food huh? Hear me out.
I'm telling you right here and now that these pancakes were made for every single day of the week. They're quick. They're simple. And they're full of healthy nutrients that will get you through a busy week day.
And the best part is that you only have to make them once and then you've got them for the rest of the week to just pop in the microwave. Done and done!
If I don't plan recipes like this for breakfast, often I'm left mixing up a smoothie real quick, and while I think a daily smoothie is totally necessary for the health benefits, sometimes I'm just not feeling it first thing in the morning while it's still chilly in the early hours. I'm sure pretty soon once the temps start rising, I'll be craving a smoothie for every meal.
But until then, I would rather eat something comforting and warm to start my day, while still staying on the health-track.
You know what else I really like about these pancakes? How easy they are to flip! Most of my life, I've just succumbed to the fact that I'm just not good at pancakes. I'd always make someone else do the flipping cause my flips were always disastrous.
But when you have a thick and hearty pancake like this one, they flip so easily with no mess!
And they become so fluffy and golden brown, which makes it really hard to not eat the whole plateful, but with how filling each one is, once you top them with fresh berries and some fresh almond or peanut butter, you'll find yourself satisfied sooner than you'd think!
Oh, and I don't think I mentioned it - these pancakes are made with Greek Yogurt instead of eggs! Such a fantastic and easy substitution that will increase the protein factor in every bite.
So when you're planning this week's breakfast options, I hope you think to include this easy and healthy Greek Yogurt Pancake recipe. Pancakes are no longer weekend food with this one! And your kids will think it's a special day every day when they get served up a plate of these babies!
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour (1 cup old-fashioned oats blended to a powder)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- ½ cup plain , lowfat Greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the whole wheat pastry flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the milk, yogurt, oil, and vanilla in a separate small bowl and whisk until completely combined. Pour liquid mixture into the dry mix and stir with a fork until just mixed and no more flour is seen.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or non stick griddle over medium heat. Place a small amount of butter on the pan and coat the cooking surface. Drop ¼ cupfuls of batter 2 inches apart onto the skillet.
- Cook until the edges are set and air bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more until the underside is golden.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats - Happy Food Healthy Life
Delicious Strawberry Breakfast Muffins - Yummy Healthy Easy
Whole Wheat Raspberry Liege Waffles - Happy Food Healthy Life
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Cookies - Feel Great in 8
Healthy Toasted Almond & Orange Muffins - Happy Food Healthy Life
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Yummly, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!