I have to tell you something about Thanksgiving that I love. Let me rephrase that. I want to tell you about something that I love about Thanksgivings PAST.
While you’re cooking, there’s wine. In the food and in my mouth.
While you’re eating, there’s more wine.
And while you’re digesting. Bring on the wine.
The best part about it? There’s no drunkeness because you’re eating and eating and eating. So much food to absorb all the alcohol. You just end up with the best buzz ever.
This hasn’t happened in about 4 years for me. Both my family and my wife’s family are conservative. No coffee. No alcohol.
Do I need these things? Well, no. But do I love these things? Sure do!
You can bet your bottom dollar that when I get home from dessert at the in-law’s, this Caramel Apple Pie Cocktail will be happening.
If you are a beverage serving family, I am begging you to put this on your Thanksgiving dessert drink menu! It is truly one of the best cocktails I have tasted in a long time. It would be a perfect way to top off the night by enjoying your dessert and drink all in one glass.
- 3-4 (to taste) ounces Apple Pie Liquor (I used Dr. McGillicuddy Apple Pie Liquor)
- Club Soda
- Splash of Butterscotch Schnapps
- Splash of half and half
- Whipped Cream
- Hershey's Caramel Topping, (garnish)
- In a stemless wine glass (approximately 12 ounces) pour 3-4 ounces of Apple Pie Liquor over ice.
- Fill to near to the top with club soda. Splash with Butterscotch Schnapps (approximately half a shot). Stir.
- You can choose to splash with either half & half or top with whipped cream. Drizzle with Caramel.
And if you’re wondering about this empty bottle of Dr McGillicuddy’s Apple Pie Liquor… Yes, we’ve made these drinks every night for the last 3 minutes. In.Love!