I have to tell you something about Thanksgiving that I love. Let me rephrase that. I want to tell you about something that I love about Thanksgivings PAST.
While you’re cooking, there’s wine. In the food and in my mouth.
While you’re eating, there’s more wine.
And while you’re digesting. Bring on the wine.
The best part about it? There’s no drunkeness because you’re eating and eating and eating. So much food to absorb all the alcohol. You just end up with the best buzz ever.
This hasn’t happened in about 4 years for me. Both my family and my wife’s family are conservative. No coffee. No alcohol.
Do I need these things? Well, no. But do I love these things? Sure do!
You can bet your bottom dollar that when I get home from dessert at the in-law’s, this Caramel Apple Pie Cocktail will be happening.
If you are a beverage serving family, I am begging you to put this on your Thanksgiving dessert drink menu! It is truly one of the best cocktails I have tasted in a long time. It would be a perfect way to top off the night by enjoying your dessert and drink all in one glass.
- 3-4 (to taste) ounces Apple Pie Liquor (I used Dr. McGillicuddy Apple Pie Liquor)
- Club Soda
- 1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons Dairy Free Whipped Cream
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Caramel Sauce
- In a stemless wine glass (approximately 12 ounces) pour 3-4 ounces of Apple Pie Liquor over ice.
- Fill to near to the top with club soda. Splash with Butterscotch Schnapps (approximately half a shot). Stir.
- You can choose to splash with either coconut milk or top with dairy free whipped cream. Drizzle with Caramel.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1081Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 761mgCarbohydrates: 138gFiber: 5gSugar: 74gProtein: 8g
Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
And if you’re wondering about this empty bottle of Dr McGillicuddy’s Apple Pie Liquor… Yes, we’ve made these drinks every night for the last 3 minutes. In.Love!