Classic Homestyle Bran Muffins
Classic homestyle bran muffins with an even healthier twist!Print Pin Rate
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup almond milk (or other version of your choice)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it becomes thick and gelatinous.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's All-Bran cereal and almond milk. Set aside and let sit while cereal softens.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the cereal mixture, add flax mixture and applesauce. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 ½-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Serving: 1c | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 310mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g
adapted from Kellogg's