Drinking dessert is sometimes way better than eating it, especially when it tastes a good as this Caramel Cheesecake Martini does!
Boy do I have a treat for you today! I know yesterday, I said I was taking a blogging break for a few weeks, and yes, that is still the case. But when I was invited by Roxana to participate in the celebration of National Cheesecake Day, I had to jump on board.
Now let me be 100% honest with you here. Cheesecake by itself is not my favorite thing in the world. Too rich. Too sweet. Just too much. Now wait, before you stop reading my blog forever, let me finish. Plain cheesecake is a no-go for me. Cheesecake inspired desserts or cheesecake with swirls, mix-ins, sauces and fancy crusts.. now THAT’s what I’m talking about!
So for Cheesecake Day, I knew I wouldn’t actually be creating a full-on cheesecake. (Remember yesterday how I talked about my lack of time? Yeah, cheesecake wasn’t going to happen) But a beverage of sorts? Yes! I knew that if I was going to create something, it needed to be quick, delicious, and refreshing to accompany me during my time spent out on the patio. And I don’t know about you, but sometimes I’d much rather drink my delicious dessert calories instead of eat them.
So this is where my mind went. First off – you’ve got to start off of right with a graham cracker-rimmed glass. I mean, what’s a cheesecake without the graham cracker crust, right? That’s where it all begins. Then I thought of all the different fun vodka flavors – cotton candy? Really? Blegh! I finally narrowed it down to caramel vodka, and to help it taste a little more rich, I paired it with a vanilla vodka. Shaken with some fat free Half & Half and poured right into a martini glass that’s been drizzled with caramel sauce.
You.Guys! It’s a caramel cheesecake with a kick! And it’s the perfect way to end your day of Cheesecake Celebration!
A couple other drink favorites that are totally indulgent but still lightened up:
1 ounce vanilla vodka (I used Smirnoff)
1 ounce kissed caramel vodka (Smirnoff)
Fat Free Half & Half
1/2 graham cracker, smashed into crumbs
caramel sauce (with the ice cream toppings)
approx 1 teaspoon honey
caramel candies for garnish, optional
- Rub honey on the edge of a martini glass. Roll in graham cracker crumbs until coated well. Honey is the best way to get the graham crackers to stick and stay where you put them. If you're not too picky about it, just use water.
- In a shaker, combine both vodkas, about 3/4 cup half & half, and a handful of ice. Shake until mixed well.
- Using a spoon, drizzle caramel sauce on the inside of your martini glass.
- Immediately pour beverage into the martini glass.
- Add a skewer of two caramel candies for garnish if desired.
Be sure to follow my Drinks Board on Pinterest for a ton of other new drink ideas that are sure to tickle your fancy!
Looking for other ways to celebrate? I have a ton of friends who are doing just that! Be sure you check out all of their yummy cheesecake creations as well.
- Apricot ricotta cheesecake from Diethood
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate chip cookie mini cheesecake from My Sweet Zepol
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar cookie cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- Butter Pecan Caramel Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- Mini Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neopolitan Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars from Cooking with Jax
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust