I am so glad you found your way here!
I know, you’re looking for that delicious Pink Starburst Cocktail, aren’t you?
And don’t you worry. I am definitely going to show you how to make it. But before I share it, you must absolutely know a few things!
Cocktail calories add up ridiculously fast. Seriously. The majority of people who consume alcohol are not thinking about these few things:
- The number of calories in their mixers
- The amount of sugar in their mixers
- How quickly each and every drink adds up and sometime ends up being the ENTIRE daily caloric recommendation… JUST in alcohol!
I run a health-conscious site here, and I want to be sure that you are able to make health-conscious decisions while still indulging every so often and living life!
So I put together this awesome free guide for you.
I’m gonna show you the 10 items you must have in your pantry at all times in order to have a healthy kitchen and life!
When you whip up this delicious cocktail (that happens to taste JUST LIKE A PINK STARBURST), you’ll see that I made a few very important substitutions to make it a little more lighter. I want you to know just how easy it is to make your own health-conscious cocktails! Just a few simple substitutions and you’ll be on your way to refreshing indulgences that won’t leave you feeling gross and guilty. Now, I am no way saying that drinking is necessarily healthy so don’t get me all twisted up here. But I am an advocate of enjoying the things that you love, and for me and many others, a glass or two is something I enjoy. No longer are the days where you feel like you have to starve yourself in order to enjoy a cocktail or two with friends. But the reality of the matter is that calories add up very quickly when you are drinking. Thankfully, there are definitely a few ways that you can be a little more health conscious in your drink-making and ordering, and I want to show you just how easy it can be.
- Drink wine. It’s lower in calories
- Drink liquor. by itself, it’s lower in calories. It’s generally what you mix the liquor with that adds up so quickly.
- If you can’t do without your mixed drinks, consider diet tonic, sodas, fresh juices, etc.
- If diet mixers aren’t an option, most martinis are low on calories (apart from the obvious, like chocolate martinis)
- Gin and Tonic is a conservative option, but the tonic can add up fast
- Light beer may be a better option than your favorite pale ale.
- Once you have more than two drinks, you’re already in “unhealthy” territory
- If it’s a simple social gathering and not a wild night out, the healthiest option may be to cut yourself off after a couple drinks.
- Try switching between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks throughout the night. Sparkling water with a squeeze of citrus can be refreshing, and it has the added benefit of not looking like a buzz-kill.
One of my favorite tricks for keeping calories low is Crystal Light drink mixes. Yup, those little calorie-free packets of flavorful powder that you pour in water. You just whip up a glass of that and add your favorite liquor. Rum, whiskey, and vodka are the best with the mixes, in my opinion. That way, you are only taking in the calories from the liquor, and not the mixers. Mixers are where you will generally see the calories add up, but not in this case.
Did you grab that awesome guide so you can have your pantry stocked up with healthy stuff? Get it now!
- 1 ounce whipped cream vodka
- 1 ounce half and half
- 1 ounce fruit punch
- fill with orange juice
- top with splash of diet lemon-lime soda
- Mix vodka, half & half, and fruit punch in a 12 ounce glass.
- Fill almost all the way with orange juice and top with a splash of diet lemon lime soda (Spride, 7Up, Fresca, or Sierra Mist)