These super yummy morsels of goodness are healthy enough for breakfast and tasty enough for a treat.
Mornings are hard. Ridiculously hard, right? Even if you're a morning person, sometimes just getting up and going can be rough, especially if you know there's a long busy day ahead.
Often, we barely have enough time to get ourselves looking somewhat presentable to the world, let alone sit down and get a good healthy breakfast in before work.
Thankfully, these breakfast cookies are a great solution for on the go. Pair a couple of these with an apple or an orange, and you are set! Or throw a couple in your bag for when the mid-afternoon slump hits and you need a little pick-me-up.
I love making up a batch at the beginning of the week for myself, the kiddo's afternoon snacks, or just for whenever the snack monster hits.
Breakfast Cookie Ingredient Spotlight
Cookies for breakfast? When they're this yummy, you won't even notice how healthy they are
Step-by-Step Instructions for Breakfast Cookies
Step 1 - Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2 - In a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until it reaches a thick "goopy" consistency.
Step 3 - In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut sugar.
Step 4 - Add flax mixture, oil, mashed banana, and vanilla. mix well. Fold in dried fruit.
Step 5 - Drop by tablespoon or with a small cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Looking for more healthy vegan snacks?
Now that you know how to easy it is to make this Banana Oat Breakfast Cookie recipe, please give it a star rating below and comment letting me know how it turned out for you.
Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, dried cherries, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350* FIn a small bowl, combine the ground flax and water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until a thick "goopy" consistency.In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar.Add flax mixture, oil, mashed banana, and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in dried fruit.Drop by tablespoon or with a small cookie scoop onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone mats. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.