VEGAN CHICKEN SALAD IS AN EASY PICNIC FAVORITE RECIPE THAT’S BEEN GIVEN A HEALTHIER MAKEOVER WITHOUT SACRIFICING THE YUMMY FLAVORS OF THE SALAD YOU KNOW AND LOVE.
Vegan chicken salad probably has you totally confused. How can this be vegan if it’s also chicken? I get it. It’s confusing.
But I basically wanted to create a recipe for you replicating an all-time favorite summer salad without bring you the meat. Let’s actually be honest – Vegan chicken salad was selfishly made for me… I just really hope you enjoy it too!
I’m absolutely confident that you will.
As a vegetarian, there are a lot of foods that I miss. One of them happens to be chicken salad sandwiches.
They remind me of summer picnics. They remind me of family get-togethers. They remind me of baby showers. Total comfort food, yet as a vegetarian, I’ve had to miss out for the last 10+ years! Such sadness!
Honestly, this vegan “chicken” salad sandwich tastes even better than I remember when it was the real deal. I made it for dinner one night and was seriously bummed when all the lunch leftovers will all gone.
It was perfect on bread. It was perfect on a pita. It was best on a spoon right into my mouth. I just couldn’t get enough.
Honestly, I was so nervous for my meat-lovin’ wife to take that first bite. I was waiting on pins and needles to see what she thought about it.
“Tastes like chicken salad!”
I may fail at a lot of things, but I’m happy to announce that I excel at this vegan chicken salad sandwich.
// Best Compliment Ever //
VEGAN CHICKEN SALAD VIDEO
Also, if you’re not into using store-bought mayo, just make your own – it’s seriously so simple using my vegan mayo recipe.
- 2 cups tempeh, , cubed
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise, (I used Veganaise)
- 2 stalks celery, , finely chopped
- 2 dill pickles, , finely chopped
- 4 green onions, , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, (or Braggs aminos)
- 1 garlic clove, , crushed and minced
- In a large pot or saucepan, steam cubed tempeh for 15 minutes on medium-high heat. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Veganaise, celery, pickles, green onions, seasonings, mustard, soy sauce, and garlic. Add in the cooled tempeh and toss lightly.
- Serve with bread, pita, over lettuce, or all by itself.
Makes 6-8 servings Recipe adapted from How it All Vegan
If you try this recipe out, make sure you snap a pic and share it on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me @happyfoodholly