FUDGY VEGAN BROWNIES make it possible to enjoy a brownie sundae, brownie pie, or just a yummy super rich and gooey brownie any time you want it!
Be sure to bookmark this recipe in your browser so you can have it available whenever the craving for pie hits you.
Fudgy Brownies… fudgy VEGAN brownies. Is that even possible?
I have to say, in my family I’m kind of the brownie queen. Well, at least I was. Back in my pre-plant-based life.
Hosting a pot-luck? I’ll bring the brownies.
Bake sale? My brownies would sell like hotcakes.
Family get-together? The brownies will disappear in minutes.
The brownies I always used to make were super fudgy in the middle. Flaky on the top. Basically the best brownies ever.
I’ve healthified them in the past with my best ever healthy brownies, but as much as I love them they just didn’t have the same fudge-factor that I crave and NEED in a brownie.
So instead, I’ve lived a sad brownie-less life for the last few months.
That is, until…
As soon as I unwrapped it, I started flipping through the recipes – Oh.Em.Gee! I do not have enough hours in my life to make all the recipes I want to make from this book:
- Life-Changing Mozzarella (I have all the ingredients – just gotta find the time)
- Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
- Hearts of Palm Crab Cakes
- Absurdly Cheesy Broccoli Soup
ALL vegan. ALL plant-based. ALL absolutely need to put in my belly asap!
And of course, I came across Sam’s Fudgy Vegan Brownies, and it was a no-brainer that I’d be making them before anything else in the book.
Thankfully, she’s letting me share the recipe with you today too! You are in for a treat with these!
- ooey gooey
- dark and rich
- flaky on top
- the best edges ever
- so easy!
And so you can see for yourself, check out the video I made for you!
Here are the recipe details.
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan. I also line it with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate chips and butter, making sure to remove the saucepan from the heat just as it's finished melting to ensure you don't burn the chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Mix well. Now add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until combined. Finally, add the walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the brownies are pulling away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the venter comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it. Let the brownies cool and set overnight. This is the key to perfect gooey brownies.
- To store, let the brownies cool completely, then cover with foil or plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for the best texture. For longer storage put in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Excerpted from Fuss Free Vegan: 101 Everyday Comfort Food Favorites, Veganized. Copyright © 2017 Samantha Turnbull. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.