There will be no more boring salads in your life once you make this flavor-packed bowl of yum! Lots of protein, simple ingredients, and hardly any prep time at all. This is the winning salad that you’ll actually get excited for.
I’m going through a major salad craze right now. I want salads all the time. As a side, as a main dish, as a snack. I’m just craving all the leafy goodness all.the.time.
The thing is, the same salads can get really boring after awhile. Plus, I really actually hate making salads. I feel like there’s so much chopping and prep-work when it comes to salads.
Gotta pull our your entire produce drawer, chop all the things, make a dressing if you’re doing it all from scratch, and THEN you finally get to eat.
Maybe I’m just overly lazy, which is completely possible, but I want a salad that takes a lot less prep work with still a ton of flavor-explosion for my tastebuds. Because dude, my tastebuds require lots of flavor.
And yours deserve that greatness as well!
That is exactly why I’m in love with this salad.
- There is not much to the prep work. 2 easy steps, and then you throw it all together.
- The flavor-explosion in every single bite.
And of course, the simple fact that I gotta have my plant-based protein in every meal. Between the chickpeas, kale, and toasted almonds, I feel like I’ve got my bases covered, making this a total win for a full-meal salad.
No more wimpy salads that leave you hungry in about an hour.
Oh, and I just have to say – this dressing that comes together in no time will be your new favorite thing. You will want to put it on everything. You will be searching your fridge for all the things you can top with this dressing. I couldn’t stop dipping my finger in it when I was plating up. Absolutely divine!
If you make nothing else but this dressing, I will consider that a win in my book.
- 1 Tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 15- ounce can of chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 8 cups baby kale
- 2 Tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 carrot , peeled and shredded
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Braggs Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 3 lemons
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cooking for about 60 seconds, until aromatic.
- Toss chickpeas into the skillet, cook, stirring intermittently, until golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once crispy, add paprika and honey. Cook for another minute or so, stirring frequently.
- Place kale in a large serving bowl, toss with toasted chickpeas.
- In the same pan you toasted the chickpeas in, add a small amount of oil and slivered almonds, just toasting slightly.
- Top salad with almonds, hemp hearts, carrots and sunflower seeds.
- In a hi-speed blender, puree all dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over salad.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a shot of it, post it to Instagram, and tag me @happyfoodholly – I can’t wait to see your creations!
Wondering how I keep the rest of my life healthy outside of just the food I eat? You’ll want to check these posts out for sure!
This guide is going to blow your mind. No more guessing game when it comes to figuring out what you need in your kitchen, gym, and life in order to get healthy. It’s all right here in one spot.
Proof that busy moms can be healthy too. A behind-the-scenes look at my life on a normal day, with all the craziness of kids, workouts, and trying to eat as healthy as possible.
This one is truly changing mindsets all over the place. I’ve gotten so many messages regarding this post from women who thought they had completely stopped dieting but learned that they actually still had quite a few dieting habits and were just calling it a “healthy lifestyle.” Are you doing the same?