When you’re craving a sweet, scrumptious treat, give these Vegan Sugar Cookies a try. They’re light, soft, and have the perfect flavor to keep you coming back for seconds!
Who doesn’t look forward to having a sweet treat every so often? If you’re a fan of cookies but have struggled to find tasty options that are vegan-friendly, you need this recipe for Vegan Sugar Cookies in your life.
Not only is this recipe beginner-friendly for those relatively new to baking, but it’s also super simple, fun to prepare, and will leave you with the most delicious cookies.
If you want freshly baked, delicious cookies to enjoy, gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy them! Even if other people in your household don’t follow a vegan diet, they won’t know the difference when biting into these Vegan Sugar Cookies.
In fact, these are just as good, if not even better, than the standard sugar cookie. You can enjoy them fresh out of the oven or even save them in an airtight container and grab them whenever you want a sweet treat.
I love making these cookies for all occasions, including birthday parties, family gatherings, and even holidays. But it doesn’t need to be a special occasion for you to try this recipe and enjoy these incredible vegan-friendly cookies.
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Sugar Cookie Recipe
- These Vegan Sugar Cookies are super easy to make. You can even get the kids to lend a helping hand with this recipe.
- The cookies are SO good. They have an incredible taste and a soft, light texture that makes them even better.
- You can make these sugar cookies for all kinds of occasions and even decorate them to your liking with sprinkles and more!
Easy Vegan Sugar Cookie Ingredients
You can make these impressive cookies in little to no time with the right ingredients. You won’t need many ingredients to assemble these flavorful cookies. Simply make sure to have the following:
Vegan Butter – You can use any brand of vegan butter that you like. I like to use Miyokos!
Granulated Sugar – Of course, you can’t have a good sugar cookie without the granulated sugar to give them that classic sweet taste.
Powdered Sugar – You will also need powdered sugar when preparing these tasty vegan cookies.
Vegan Eggs – Ditch the regular eggs and use Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer! These egg alternatives are amazing and will leave your cookies with the perfect taste and texture.
Pure Vanilla Extract – A touch of vanilla extract gives these cookies an even better taste.
Gluten-Free, All-Purpose Flour – Use gluten-free flour to create a light and flavorful cookie dough.
You will also need baking powder and salt. You can use almond extract in this recipe, but it’s optional.
Tips and Tricks to Make These Soft Vegan Sugar Cookies
Refrigerate Your Dough
After preparing your cookie dough, make sure you place it in the fridge and allow it to chill for about 30 minutes before you begin rolling it out and shaping your cookies.
You can get creative and add extra ingredients to your sugar cookie dough, such as chopped macadamia nuts, pecans, or walnuts.
Make a Glaze
Add something extra to your cookies by preparing a glaze. You can mix a bit of powdered sugar with coconut milk or almond milk and water to create a light glaze to spread over your soft, chewy cookies. While it’s optional, this is another way to customize these cookies to your liking!
You can also decorate these sugar cookies with my easy and delicious Vegan Royal Icing!
Vegan Sugar Cookies FAQs
Absolutely. For example, if you want a slight hint of lemon in your cookies, you can use vanilla extract and lemon extract instead of almond extract.
If you can’t find this vegan butter, you can grab any other brand that you can find, such as Flora Plant Butter or Melt Organic Butter Made From Plants.
Be sure to store the cookies in an airtight container. If you’re worried about them getting hard and crunchy instead of staying soft and chewy, simply put a small piece of bread into the container with the cookies. It will work like a charm to keep them soft and chewy!
More Yummy Vegan Dessert Recipes
I found this recipe for Vegan Oatmeal-Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies that I HAVE to try!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey – If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below.
Vegan Sugar Cookies
- ¾ cup vegan butter (we used Miyokos)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 vegan eggs (we used Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (we used Bob's Red Mill 1:1)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400° F/205° C. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg replacer and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in baking powder and sea salt. Next, stir in the flour one cup at a time until well combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough to ¼” thick. Cut into your desired shapes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.