Enjoy a savory vegan-friendly dish with these flavorful Vegan Enchiladas. Loaded with lentils, black beans, and vegan cheese, they’re the perfect lunch or dinner meal.
There is something so enjoyable about these tortillas rolled into a homemade, zesty filling loaded with flavor. I bet you’ve never had them quite like this before!
In this recipe for Vegan Enchiladas, I will show you how to make the best vegan-friendly meal for lunch or dinner or even whenever you’re in the mood for a midday treat!
These Vegan Enchiladas are oozing with flavor and are prepared with canned black beans, lentils, diced tomatoes, and several other tasty ingredients that go great together.
If you want a satisfying meal prepared from scratch that contains healthy yet delicious ingredients, this recipe for Vegan Enchiladas is perfect for you. Serve with a side of Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing and you’ve got the perfect meal!
I love knowing I can eat these enchiladas whenever I’m hungry, whether I want them first thing in the morning, for lunch, or even at dinner time. They’re also great as a quick grab-and-go savory snack between meals.
Why You’ll Love These Vegan Enchiladas
- These Vegan Enchiladas taste amazing! If you enjoy vegan cheese with assorted beans, enchilada sauce, and other fresh, wholesome ingredients, you will enjoy the taste of these enchiladas!
- You can make these enchiladas with ease. You don’t need to be a professional cook for this recipe. And if you’re looking for another easy dinner idea, check out this recipe for Vegan Tacos.
- It’s easy to customize your enchiladas to your liking with an assortment of toppings, such as avocado and lime juice.
- It’s a healthy and simple dinner idea the whole family is sure to love. Looking for more healthy dinner ideas? Check out this recipe for Coconut Lentil Curry.
Ingredients for the Veggie Enchiladas
If you want to make the tastiest veggie enchiladas you’ve ever tried, you will need the following ingredients:
Black Beans – Rinse and drain your canned black beans before you use them.
Tomato – Dice your tomato into small pieces.
Corn Kernels – Use canned or frozen corn for these enchiladas.
Flour Tortillas – You will need up to 10 flour tortillas to prepare these tasty enchiladas.
Shredded Vegan Cheddar Cheese – Use vegan cheddar cheese for this recipe to enhance the taste of your enchiladas.
Red Onion – Dice your red onion into small pieces.
In addition to these primary ingredients, you will need several other ingredients, such as chili powder, paprika, cumin powder, salt, and pepper.
Tips and Tricks for Vegetable Enchiladas
Add Your Favorite Toppings
You can customize your Vegan Enchiladas to your liking by using an assortment of different ingredients on top, such as vegan sour cream, chopped coriander, cilantro, sliced avocado, and even a drizzle of lime juice. Use what you like to give these enchiladas a great taste.
Switch Up the Beans
If you don’t have black beans available, you can feel free to swap them out for different types of beans, such as navy beans, pinto beans, or even great northern beans. Any of these options would work well enough.
Make It Spicy
When you’re a fan of spicy foods, consider adding some diced jalapenos and jalapeno juice to the filling and the enchilada sauce to add more heat to your enchiladas. You can also sprinkle your beans with cayenne pepper or red pepper chili flakes to give your enchiladas the perfect level of spice that you desire.
Vegan Enchiladas FAQs
Yes! If you prefer corn tortillas, you can feel free to use them. While I personally think flour tortillas are easier to work with and taste better for this recipe, corn tortillas are still an option worth using and can come in handy when you’re in a pinch. You can also use whole-wheat flour tortillas if you prefer.
You can purchase canned enchilada sauce or prepare your own using a blend of apple cider vinegar with tomato paste, smoked paprika, and a few other ingredients.
A 9×13-inch casserole dish works best with this recipe. Of course, if you don’t have this type of casserole dish, you can use an aluminum baking pan. When making these enchiladas for a family gathering, I like to use an aluminum pan to keep things mess-free and minimize the amount of cleanup left to do!
More Delicious Vegan Dinner Recipes
I found this recipe for Vegan Soy Chorizo Tacos that I HAVE to give a try!
Yay! You have made it this far, and I am so glad! Hey – If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below.
- 1 16 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ⅔ cup lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 5 oz. vegan cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 oz. vegan pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ cups enchilada sauce divided
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 4 oz. Mexican blend vegan cheese for topping (can be substituted for cheddar)
- sliced spring onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced avocado
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Add 1 cup of the enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Spread the sauce into an even layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the black beans, corn kernels, lentils, tomato, red onion, vegan cheddar, vegan pepper jack, paprika, cumin, chilli powder, salt, ground black pepper, and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce. Mix together until well combined.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the filling to each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place the tortillas into the prepared casserole dish.
- Pour over the remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce.
- Top with Vegan Mexican blend cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve warm with your preferred garnishes and enjoy!