Full, rounded flavor and less acidic? Yes, please! Give our recipe for Cold Brew Coffee a try for a healthier and tasty experience!
Coffee. Absolute perfection, am I right?
It gives relaxation to the body and the soul, and every sip is like a mini-meditation. Empty your mind, savor the moment, and appreciate the scenery in front of you. Such is the joy this drink brings, and of course, the taste!
All coffee lovers have their own special mix. Yet, we’ll share with you the creation of the cold coffee brew. Heads-up, you’ll love this!
Cold Brew Coffee Ingredient Spotlight
The ingredients for this soulful drink are a stone’s throw away from you. You can buy them in the nearest store if they are not already in your kitchen (although, chances are high you have everything you need). Let’s check them out.
Ingredient 1: Organic Beans
All hail to the main ingredient of this drink–organic coffee beans! These beans are grown organically by farmers making them healthier than non-organic ones. It will surely make your body and mother nature happy.
Ingredient 2: Filtered Water
Do you already have filters installed on your water source? Then, look no further as you can use that water for this drink. You can also buy bottled filter water at your nearest convenience store.
Ingredient 3: Coconut Milk Creamer
Coconut milk will make your iced brew creamy. You can buy it from the supermarket, or you can make it at home.
For homemade coconut milk, shred fresh coconut meat. Wrap the coconut in a clean towel, and squeeze it to get the milk. You may also use other vegan creamers of your choice.
Step-by-Step Instructions for the Best Cold Brew Coffee
Step 1 – Grind one cup of beans in a food processor or grinder to a medium-coarse consistency.
Step 2 – Place the ground beans in a jar. Cold brew has a 4:1 ratio. Add four cups of water to one cup of beans.
Step 3 – Cover the jar, and place the mixture inside the refrigerator. Chill it for 10-15 hours.
Step 4 – After 10-15 hours of steeping, strain the grounds from the mixture. Use cheesecloth or a sieve. You may add more layers of cheesecloth or a coffee filter on the sieve if you are straining finer grounds.
Step 5 – Clean the jar and pour back in the liquid. You are ready to drink! You may also chill it again for a later cup of coffee.
Step 6 – To add creaminess to your cold brew, add fresh coconut milk or organic creamer. Your creamy drink is ready to serve!
Why You’ll Love It!
Nothing beats a cold, healthy, and creamy drink to start the day. You can also have a relaxing afternoon enjoying your me-time or moments with family and friends.
- This drink uses organic ingredients.
- The ingredients are easy to find.
- Making this hearty drink is super easy!
Insider Pro Tips
Pro Tip #1: Adjust the amount of coffee or creamer to achieve your desired taste
Some love a creamy cup of joe while others prefer a strong shot. To get the mix that pleases your taste buds, adjust the amount of water while you brew.
More water will mellow out your brew. Or you can keep the water ratio and add more creamer. That’ll make it taste less bitter.
Pro Tip #2: Coarse coffee beans are the best to use
Keep an eye on your food processor or coffee grinder as you do not want your beans to be finely ground. The best consistency for this drink is coarsely ground beans
Pro Tip #3: Don’t skimp on the time
For best results, we recommend that you wait for at least 12 hours before serving. The perfect time to start your recipe is the night before. If you want your java at 7am, start it at 7pm. It’ll be ready by morning!
Pro Tip #4: Using filtered water is a must
Filtered water is tap water that has gone through a carbon filter. Water goes through the process to remove chlorine, make it cleaner, and taste better. If you already have a filter at home, then you are good to go.
Pro Tip #5: Chill with coffee ice cubes
Pour the last bit of your drip coffee into ice cube molds. Instead of regular ice, these cubes can cool your brew without watering it down. Aesthetics wise, it’s fun to see the cubes floating in your drink. Even more fascinating is the moment you pour on the cream.
Cold Brew Iced Coffee FAQs
The preparation time is longer and the taste is different. This java recipe tastes less bitter and less acidic than regular brew. Plus, it takes 12 hours of steeping before it is ready to drink. Meanwhile, iced coffee only takes minutes to prepare.
No. Iced coffee may use the same ingredients as cold brew coffee. However, the grounds are not brewed for 10-12 hours. It is the brewing that sets cold brew and iced coffee apart.
If you use brewed coffee for iced coffee, it now becomes a cold brew iced coffee. Brewed coffee is the type steeped for long hours, 10-15 hours. Iced coffee is made in a few minutes.
Your drink will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for more delicious Vegan Drink Recipes?
Now that you know how to easy it is to make this cold brew iced coffee recipe, please give it a star rating below and comment letting me know how it turned out for you.
Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- 1 Large Jar
- Food Processor or Coffee Grinder
- Fine mesh sieve (or cheesecloth)
- 4 cups organic coffee beans
- 1 cup filtered water
- coconut milk cream or vegan creamer of choice (optional)
- Measure out 1 cup of whole coffee beans and place in a food processor or coffee grinder. Lightly pulse to grind the beans to a medium coarse consistency. You will want to make sure it's not finely ground. The chunkier the better.
- Place the coffee bean grounds in the bottom of a large glass jar. Then pour in 4 cups of filtered water over the coffee grounds. You want to keep it a 4:1 ratio with water to coffee beans. If you're making a larger batch, be sure to double both ingredients.
- Cover the jar or container and place in the fridge to steep for 15 hours.
- After the cull steep time, strain the coffee grounds through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth into another jar or bowl. If your grounds were smaller, you may need to use two layers of cheesecloth or add a coffee filter inside of your sieve.
- Rinse our your original jar or container to remove any remaining coffee grounds. Pour the coffee concentrate back into the clean jar and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to consume.
- When you are read to serve, pour the coffee concentrate over an ice-filled glass and top with your favorite vegan milk or creamer.