This Pumpkin Breakfast Bowl gives you the fall flavors you love in a healthy bowl of oatmeal, yogurt, pumpkin, and other nutritious goodies.
Oatmeal. It's a daily staple for me.
Even not-so-close friends who have spent more than a day with me at conferences or in travels know that Holly needs her daily oatmeal to start the day off right.
It's full of healthy fiber.
It has protein.
And lots of minerals & vitamins our bodies need.
I eat oatmeal all year long, even in the summer. Of course, I love it more in the dead of winter as a way to warm my body up from the inside out.
The thing is, even though I'm a creature of habit, oatmeal every single day tends to get a little monotonous. I put in the same seeds, the same grains, the same spoonful of peanut butter, and the same splash of almond milk and maple syrup. It's all the same.
There was that one time I make a chipotle chocolate oatmeal (which was bonkers good), but for the most part it's always the same.
Except I'm totally feelin' the festive autumn vibe this year. The tastes of fall - cinnamon, pumpkin, maple, pecans. Oh yeah. I'm wanting all of it.
So I've amped up my boring bowl of oats and created a pumpkin breakfast bowl that totally takes it up a notch.
And it takes barely any time at all despite how beautiful and impressive this bowl looks.
Let me tell you just how easy it is to make this Oatmeal Pumpkin Breakfast Bowl
- Combine rolls oats, water, flax seed, wheat germ, chia seeds, and pumpkin spice in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes until cooked through. Just make sure you're watching it carefully every so often to be sure it doesn't boil over and make a huge mess (I've definitely done that before)!
- While the oats are cooking, in a separate small bowl, combine dairy-free yogurt, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon.
- Add dollops of the yogurt mixture in with the cooked oats and swirl it around.
- Top with additional flax, chia seeds, and pecans. Drizzle desired sweetener to taste. You can use maple syrup, agave, honey, whatever you want. Alternatively, you could sprinkle on a dry sweetener if you'd rather.
See, it really couldn't be any easier, right?
Make yourself a pumpkin breakfast bowl this autumn or any time of the year, and you'll be so glad you did!
If you make this recipe, be sure to post it on your Instagram and tag me @happyfoodholly #happyfoodhealthylife so I can highlight your creation on social media!
OATMEAL PUMPKIN BREAKFAST BOWL
- Combine oats, water, flax seed, wheat germ, chia seeds, and pumpkin spice in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes (watching carefully to be sure it doesn't overflow) until cooked through.
- In a separate small bowl, combine dairy-free yogurt, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon.
- Add dollops of yogurt mixture in with the cooked oats and swirl around.
- Top with additional flax, chia seeds, and pecans. Drizzle desired sweetener to taste.
Be sure to bookmark this recipe in your browser so you can have it available whenever the craving hits!