Plant-Based Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking for a delicious, plant-based chocolate chip cookie recipe? Look no further! These cookies are easy to make, taste great, and can be in your mouth in less than 45 minutes!
Servings 16 cookies
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax meal + 2 Tablespoons warm water, let stand for 5 minutes
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus more for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine ground flax and warm water. Stir and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, flax mixture, and vanilla extract. Beat well using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Beat in the all-purpose flour, oat flour, sea salt, and baking soda until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, portion the dough onto prepared baking sheet a few inches apart. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, then transfer to the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes to set.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg