GREEN BEAN SALAD RECIPE
No summer meal is complete without this green bean salad recipe! Each bite is filled with healthy ingredients and is bursting with flavor.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 15-ounce can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 2 medium yellow summer squash halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts toasted
Bring a 5-quart pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the trimmed green beans to the water and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
In a small jar or bowl, whisk together the olive oil vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Salt aside.
Place the greens, black eyed peas, summer squash, lemon, walnuts, and green beans on a serving platter. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 1184mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1437IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 2mg