Welcome to the weekend! Remember last weekend when I decided to share my after-workout snack/meal with you? Welp, I’m back at it today. Before I head into the random-ness of the links, tweets, and pins, I want to bring you a quick and easy snack that I am so in love with. It’s perfect for the warm-weather seasons coming up, and it’s super fresh, and comes together in just a few seconds. Seriously, what is the worst thing ever? (besides 3-day long cramps… ugh… seriously not fun this week! TMI, and I don’t care at all) Ok, so the worst thing ever is coming home from a super pumped workout, you’re starving, and you just don’t know what to eat. So you end up just grabbing junk and cancel out all that hard work! That is not the way to achieve optimum health. So this is a snack that you can throw together easily and be nomming in no time.
I added vanilla protein powder to my cottage cheese, and of course you don’t have to do this. But, for one, it adds some extra sweetness to the cottage cheese for a better combo with the berries. For two, after a workout, it’s important to be sure you’re repairing all that muscle tissue you just ripped to shreds in the weight room. Without sufficient protein, all you’ll have is torn muscles that won’t be able to heal and get more toned, which is the whole reason why we lift weights, right?
So here’s the super simple “recipe” for my Protein Berry Bowl.
- 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 scoop, (about 3 Tablespoons) Vanilla Protein Powder
- 4 strawberries, , sliced
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1 Tablespoon slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Mix cottage cheese with protein powder until the powder is combined thoroughly.
- Top with berries, almonds, and honey.
- Mix all together. Enjoy!
Links I’m in love with this week:
* I am so in love with this sweet video from Shutterbean. It makes me proud to see other bloggers doing amazing things.
* Watermelon Lemonade Margaritas this summer?! I’m IN! (also a virgin option for kiddos and non-drinkers)
* I don’t eat meat, but I’m in love with this story of REAL life from Heidi (foodiecrush). It makes me feel better about my faults.
* I’m afraid I would eat this DIY Body Butter… but seriously YUM-looking!
* Maybe Simple Mom will help me get a hold of the piles of crap I have all over the apartment.
Alright alright, I know this is usually the time where I bring you tweet and pins. but I’m sitting here with a near-migraine and I just need to go rest. I know you will understand… keepin’ it real. Thanks for understanding!