There are so many different exercises you can do for yourself when you are struggling with something difficult, and today I’m bringing you a video that goes through one of the simplest exercises I’ve come across.
There have been countless times in my life when I’ve struggled with the nagging feeling of “needing” food. You know what I mean, right? That whole pan of brownies is just scuh-reaming at you no matter what you try and do to make it shut up. You try to stay busy. You try to stop thinking about it, but for some reason, it just won’t go away.
So here is a simple exercise for you do to that requires only your body. It’s free. You can do it anywhere. And you do not need any special equipment or tools. Only your senses.
Let’s get to it! (I apologize for the vacuum in the background during a portion of the video)
A Summary of the Exercise:
1. Note 1 non-food scent around you.
2. Name 2 sounds you can hear.
3. Describe 3 physical sensations on your body. (temperature, clothing, the feelings of the surface you are resting on, ailments, etc)
4. Name 4 colors that are in your sight.
5. Identify 5 objects that you can see in front of you (besides any food objects).
Repeat as many times as necessary!