I think I am writing this post for myself.
I KNOW I am writing this post for myself.
The truth of the matter though is that I know a ton of people feel this FUNK in the winter months, often right around the holidays. I don’t know if it’s a case of feeling overwhelmed, the weather, or whatever, but sometimes it’s just hard to feel the motivation to do much of anything.
I have to admit that yesterday was one of those days. After posting nonstop on the blog for almost 3 weeks straight, every single day, I have to say that I’m feeling the pressure and the burn-out.
Weekends are full of work these days. Days off are quite non-existent. And although it’s going to take quite a bit of work in the next couple of days, I’m hoping to be able to truly enjoy the long holiday weekend without much work to do. Because it’s time for me to find my happy place.
My place that’s full of coffee, good books, and doodles.
So as I was daydreaming about this lovely upcoming weekend, I thought…
How many of my readers have been here before? How many of you have had a hard time shaking the blahs and the overwhelm? Today, I’d love to help you find a way out of a funk.
Top 5 Ways to Get Out of a Funk
1. Listen to music. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Music can truly do wonders. Turn on your favorite jams. Something that just gets you pumped up. It will work its way through your ears and into your blood stream and start turning things around for you.
Often, it ends up turning into an impromptu dance party, which is really the best ever, right?
2. Do something you know you enjoy even if you don’t want to. I know, I know. you don’t want to do anything at all. You’d much rather sulk on the couch, be lazy, and just binge watch the latest Netflix Original. But there are some times when you just have to suck it up if you’re going to get out of a funk.
For example, I know I enjoy going to the park. So sometimes, I just have to go through the motions. Get in the car and get myself to the park. Being in a place that has previously made you happy is bound to make you happy again. So think about your happy places, and get yourself there.
3. Be outside and around other people. For one, just being outside in the fresh air is bound to heighten your spirits. The rest is all about the law of attraction. Surround yourself with other people who are out and about, and you may not be able to help but shake those blahs.
4. Take a shower. Yup, I know it sounds simple and even kind of silly. But taking a shower will freshen you up. Make you feel a little more lively. Obviously there will be a physical cleansing, but sometimes a shower will even offer an emotional cleansing as well.
I don’t know about you, but I have some of my best thoughts and talks with myself in the shower. There are no distractions. I’m stuck between the wall and shower curtain with just myself and my thoughts. It can be my best therapy sessions sometimes.
5. Play with an animals. It’s days like these when I wish I had a puppy to play with. If you have a dog or a cat, play with them! Animals offer so much love and joy that it’s hard to still be down after playing with them. If you don’t have an animal, maybe a neighbor does? Or you could even visit a pet store and play with the animals there!
What do you think? I say don’t knock ’em till you try ’em!
[Tweet “This time of year can put me in a funk. Find out how I get myself out!”]
How do YOU get out of a funk?
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Yummly, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!