Fiber One compensated me for this post using its products, but as always, my opinions are my own.
I’ve said it time and time again. Living a healthy lifestyle really is all about creating an environment that encourages your success. Preparing for success. Setting yourself up for daily wins. There are really some simple things you can do to set yourself up for success. But maybe you don’t know just how easy it can be.
I promise, it’s all easy stuff. Things that absolutely anyone can do. You don’t have to have a certain level of health or fitness to make this lifestyle change. All you need is the desire to get healthy.
So let’s get started!
1. Surround Yourself with Positive People who Support your Lifestyle. Who’s going to push you on the days when you don’t feel like going to the gym? Who’s going to pick you up when you’re upset that you’re not seeing any progress? Who’s going to convince you to eat healthy food when all you want is to eat every last bite of cookie dough ice cream? You’ve got to have a team on your side. Tell them your goals. Ask them to be “on-call” for you, and you can be on-call for them as well. You can be an amazing powerhouse of health together!
2. Create a Vision board. You probably already do this without even knowing you do it. Do you have a fitness inspiration board on Pinterest like I do? Look at it often. Every morning. Every time you’re feeling unmotivated. Make a board full of things that you want your healthy life to look like. Or even take it one step further and go through magazines and cut out images to place on a board where you’ll see them often. Or put them in a book. Have a vision of your healthy life and look at it often.
3. Be Prepared while On the Go. I can’t tell you how many times I was caught out and about, starving and just wishing I had something healthy to eat. I try to wait it out so I can eat something healthy when I get home, but the hangry feelings come over me. You know what I mean. You get so hungry you are sure you’re going to go nuts! And then you cave and are drawn in by those flashy golden arches, and before you know it, you’ve downed a “value meal” that gives you absolutely no value whatsoever.
I have since learned that I’ve got to stay prepared with healthy snacks like Fiber One™ Bars . The awesome part is that Fiber One bars taste much more like a dessert than any healthy snack I’ve had lately! The new Protein Cookies & Creme bars, 90 Calorie Mint Fudge Brownies, and Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies are the latest dessert craving solution from Fiber One™. They offer the perfect way to indulge this resolution season instead of caving in to something much less healthy when you start to get hangry!
And just a side note – if you’re feeling like kicking it up a notch and needing a bit of inspiration for your next dessert, check out Dessertify. It’s an awesome site that takes healthy Fiber One™ Bars and gives you awesome dessert ideas. Now THAT’s my way of indulging!
Anyway, I digress. The point is to always be prepared. Whether it’s a bag of almonds and fruit or a protein bar, just be sure you’re not caught off guard when hunger strikes.
4. Plan your day. That’s right. You know what you need in order to be healthy. So write it in. Schedule times for everything you need to do. Even more than just your workouts and what you’re going to eat. Everything. If you have your whole day planned, there won’t be any time for unhealthy behaviors like stopping at Dairy Queen on the way home or sleeping through your workout.
5. Listen to Your Body. This has got to be the most important tip. Your body knows what’s up. Your body is smarter than your brain. It knows when you need to eat more or when you need to stop eating. It knows how much you need to sleep. It knows how far you can push it at the gym. The key is that you must listen to it and follow its directions. You may THINK you are doing best by doing things like eating less to lose weight, but if your stomach is growling, it’s trying to send a signal. Its up to you to actually listen.
So there you have it. 5 simple tips to get you well on your way to a healthy lifestyle.
If you follow any of these tips, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
Looking for more inspiration?
Top 10 Reasons Why Diets Suck – Happy Food Healthy Life
Tips to Eat Healthy on a Budget – Fit Bottomed Girls
5 Reasons Why You Should Throw Away Your Scale – Happy Food Healthy Life
The Secret to that Motivation You’ve Been Searching For – Simply Sadie Jane
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!