As someone who has battled with the way I look at my body, I know how easy it is to get down on ourselves. Some days, one look in the mirror was all it took for me start a fight with myself. I would tell myself my legs were too fat. My stomach wasn’t tight enough. My hair was too frizzy. My boobs were too small. My shirt wasn’t fitting right. My pants were way too tight. I need to change into different pants. No, now I need a different shirt… and the fight just goes on.
I am no stranger to poor self-esteem. After a morning like the one described above, it was definitely difficult to walk out the door with my shoulders back and my head held high. It was much easier to keep myself hidden from everyone with my head down and slumped shoulders. Hopefully no one would see me and all the imperfections I saw in the mirror that morning.
Before I get into how I was able to improve my self-esteem, I want to tell you about a free 14-day challenge I’m hosting that will absolutely change your life. It will change everything you think you know about getting healthy. It will eliminate the struggle. It will eliminate the chaos around losing weight. It will make life so much easier. And I want to offer it to you for free!
I am so incredibly that those days are few and far between now. It was exhausting and very uncomfortable to live a life that way, always worrying about other people nit-picking me and my body the way I was. Luckily, I found some awesome ways to boost my self-esteem, and they have just changed my life. I walk differently. I carry myself differently. I’m more confident in what I say and how I say it. All in all, I’m a happier person, and you can be too with these simple tips.
Top 10 Ways to Boost Your Self-Esteem
1. Make a goal to achieve something physical and then meet it. Whether it’s to get up early every weekday to workout for a month or to run a marathon, make the goal. And then you must achieve it. Once you do… you will be so proud of your accomplishment and will believe in yourself the next time you set a goal. Start small with realistic goals.
2. Master a skill. Pick something you want to be amazing at. Playing the guitar. Basket-weaving. Or baking macarons. Pick something, and make it the best you can make it!
3. Bake treats for your office. I don’t know what it is, but when I bake something for the office that I know I’m really great at, the feedback is enough to make me feel awesome about myself.
4. Give yourself affirmations. Tell yourself you’re so awesome and that you rock at life! You may not really believe it right away, but the more you say it, the more you will start believing it.
5. Strut your stuff. Put on your sexy bra. Wear something you feel hot and confident in. Throw on your favorite heels. And just ROCK it! Walk like you mean it. Own your walk. Head up. Eyes straight ahead. And with direction. Look like a woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it!
6. Look in the mirror and pick 5 things you like about yourself. That’s right… 5 whole things. I want you to seriously pick 5 things you like about yourself when you look in the mirror. I named mine here.
7. Have a dance party. There is just something about a great dance beat and some awesome (or not-so-awesome) moves that just makes you laugh and feel awesome about yourself. Do it!
8. Make a Pinterest board reflecting your proudest moments. This is actually something I have been meaning to do and plan to soon.
9. Do something nice for someone. Small or large. It doesn’t really matter. Hold the door open for someone. Buy coffee for the person behind you in line. Volunteer for a local charity. Doing something to help others will make you feel like a contributing part of the community, which in turn will make you feel awesome about yourself.
10. Step out of your comfort zone to do something you will be proud of. I have touched on stepping out of your comfort zone and how successes will usually find you outside of your comfort zone. Think of something you could never see yourself doing, even though there’s a part of you that really wishes you could do one day. You got it? It’s in your head? Yes, that one thing… you’re going to do it. You are going to start making baby steps to get there. And it’s going to be scary. And you’re going to be hating life for the few days leading up to this. But in the end, you are going to pee your pants with excitement and pride.
——————————————————————————————————- This is how I know this is true: I just have to tell you about my experience with stepping out of my comfort zone this week. I had such an amazing opportunity to speak on a local daytime television show on Monday, and I just have to tell you that it was the most empowering thing I have ever done in my life. I wasn’t perfect. I had a slip-up or two. But you know what? I walked out of there with my head held high. I was (and still am) on top of this world for this awesome achievement in my life. It was something I never thought about doing until a couple of months ago when the idea was presented to me. I have a huge public speaking fear. I get super shaky, super nervous, and my heart starts pounding. But I got through all this with minimal anxiety, and felt like I rocked it… and let me tell you. My self-esteem is up there this week! If you don’t mind, I would love to be able to share the segment with you so you can enjoy it as well. I hope you enjoyed the segment and hopefully I’ll have more for you in the future.
This was my Self-Esteem Boost for the week… what is yours?
Don’t forget to join my free challenge!
Looking for other articles to boost yourself up?