I used to live a very stagnant life. Going through day to day without much change. Just hoping to make it through. It wasn’t until I started setting and achieving goals that I felt a shift in my life and the way it was headed. Rather than a boring life without much to write home about, I began living a life that I couldn’t stop talking about. Things were happening. I was changing. I was growing!
You may be asking yourself what sort of changes you can expect to see outside of the actual goals being met. What else could there be. Let me tell you, there is a whole host of ways you can expect to see change just from achieving goals that you have set for yourself. When it comes to getting healthy and happy, it’s all about making a plan, sticking to it, and actually following through.
So let me tell you 10 ways achieving goals for your health will change your life.
1. You will boost your self-esteem. As you start to follow through with your goals, you will start to feel something within you. You will come to the understanding that you CAN do things you may not have thought you could, if you just put your mind and heart to it. You will feel a greater sense of self and realize that you are awesome and have the ability to rock this life!
2. You will find a new passion for life. Continuing on from the last one, you will start to feel happy and thrilled about life! You are going to wonder what the next adventure (goal) is going to be. You will get excited for the next hurdle you may have to jump. Life is a whole new ball-game when you start throwing in the idea of achieving goals.
3. You will get excited about doing things that you didn’t care as much about before. I’ve found that when I’m kicking butt at my goals, and I’m really starting to make things happen, I also get excited about doing things that are completely unrelated to my goals. Such as cleaning my house! That’s right. When I’m rocking my goals, I get excited to clean my house. Crazy, but true. I feel like if I’m making one part of my life super awesome, I better catch the rest of it while I’m on the rise.
4. Your new positive mood will rub off on those around you. Your kids will see it. Your spouse will see it. Your neighbors. Everyone will see that good mood you are in all the time from achieving goals. Chances are, they are going to ask you about your good mood and they’ll be interested in getting in on that bandwagon so they can get a bit of that awesome happy mood you always seem to be in.
5. You will feel like you have a purpose. Without goals, life can be pretty mundane. You don’t know what you’re doing with life, and you aren’t quite sure what your purpose even is. I’ve found that once I started working towards achieving my health goals, my life purpose started painting itself. The doors open up for you and you’re able to see things a whole lot clearer.
6. You will grow each time you are achieving your goals. Once you begin to achieve one goal, you will come to the realization that you are now more than you were before. You can now achieve one thing you didn’t used to be able to. And then you’ll start formulating a new goal, work toward that one, and continue to grow as you actually reach it.
7. You will feel in control of your life. Having a plan for your life where you are setting and achieving goals gives you such a sense of control. You learn that you are in charge of how things pan out for you. Sure, there will be plenty of things that are not in your control. But I believe that as humans, we are lucky in the sense that we get to control most everything that happens in our lives, including our attitudes and the ways we react to the experiences we didn’t have control over.
8. You will develop necessary skills for your life. As you grow to learn new things from reaching your goals, you are learning new things that will help you throughout your life. A new sense of confidence that will help you to network with others. The knowledge to make a game-plan that will help you come up with a new business plan. There are many ways that your personal health goals will help you when it comes to the rest of your life.
9. You will get excited to do it all over again. Every time you reach your goal, the idea of starting out with a new plan is so exciting. What, you’re finally able to do one unassisted pull-up? That’s awesome! Now, it’s time to focus on a set number of push-ups in a row. Or you’re finally able to run a mile straight?! That’s feels awesome, let’s sign up for a 5k now! You get a high from achieving goals that only makes you want to do it over and over again.
10. You will be forever expanding your drive to do awesome things. This sums up everything. When you are achieving awesome things, your attitude is positive. Your drive and ability to do new things that may be a challenge to you is higher than ever. If you are always focusing on the next goal you want to reach, the momentum just keeps on building, and you are forever moving forward onto bigger and better things.
Achieving your goals is great and all, but how do you actually DO it? With so many programs out there that tell you how to succeed, it’s hard to know where to turn. That’s why I created a program that is completely customizable to your needs and lifestyle. You’ll be able to live a healthy day, every day, YOUR way! Find out more on how I make it all happen!