I don’t know about you guys, but working on my fitness goals during the summer months is just dreadful! I don’t do well with the heat (and will probably continue to remind you of this fact for the next 6 months), and the possibilities are high that you will be able to find me in the shade with a cold beverage in hand all summer long.
By the end of summer, I’m usually kicking myself for not working as hard as I should have just because of a little (or a lot) of uncomfortable heat. So here’s the deal. I’ve come up with a short list of items that I would love to have show up at my door step in order to make working out during the summer months a little less horrible.
ps. there are some affiliate links included.
1. Camelbak Hydration Backpack – If the thought of carrying a water bottle around with you everywhere you go makes you want to throw in the towel from the get-go, a Camelbak is the way to go. I’ve used one of these while hiking, on some runs, and long bike rides. And this particular one has lots of extra space for other supplies + snacks!
2. Contigo Auto-Seal Water Bottle – This is the water bottle I’ve been using for the last 6 months to a year, and I love it. I’m super picky about water bottles. Can’t have a straw because the straws get gross. Can’t be hard to drink out of while I’m running. Can’t have a screw-top, cause I’ll lose it in 3.2 seconds. This one is perfect because it just has a little button that opens the little mouth opening when you press on it. And that’s it. Drinking lots of water is uber important, especially during the hot months!
3. Valeo Deluxe Speed Jump Rope – Have you jump-roped since you were in elementary school? I hadn’t until about a year ago – holy cardio + calves + arms! Seriously. Make it happen! Perfect workout for outside.
4. New Balance Tank Top – With all the sweating you’re going to be doing, you want to be sure to get some clothes that wick away all the moisture. This tank top is cute, is made with wicking material, and will be sure to show off those sexy arms you’ve been working on!
5. Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS-Enabled Sport Watch with Heart Rate Monitor – I’ve wanted one of these for a long time. Something that will track my distance, my heart rate, as well as how much I’ve burned in a workout. This Garmin is super cute and sporty and will do all that for you!
6. Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunscreen Spray SPF 100+ – Sunscreen is equally as important as drinking water. You have got to protect your skin out in the sun. I’m not a fan of a lot of sunscreens they’re oily and thick and really mess with my skin. Neutrogena seems to be a sunscreen that doesn’t bother it. Plus this sports spray is perfect for all the sweating you’ll be doing while working out.
7. Flip Belt -I have heard so much about the Flip Belt. It’s perfect for carrying all those little odds and ends while you’re exercising outdoors. Keys, ID, phone, credit card, gel packs, whatever it may be. You just tuck it all in, flip it, and wear it snug around your waist. I must get one of these!
Join the Conversation!
What are your summer-time essentials for beating the heat while still getting your fitness on?