These Mexican Coffee Bites are more than just your average bites. They’re packed with a punch of coffee and chocolate flavor that will get you through any slump you may have in your day.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or StumbleUpon with the buttons above!
Have these been overdone in the blogosphere?
Granola bar bites
Call ’em whatever you want, but the truth of the matter is that they’ve been done over and over again. A quick search on Pinterest will show you.
I love them. They’re one of my favorite versatile snacks to have on hand when I need a little somethin’… especially for that super needy sweet tooth of mine.
Here’s the thing though. I have to say that I’ve never seen an energy bite done the way I’m showing you today.
Not only will this energy bite hold you over till the next meal, but they’ll give you a jolt of energy from that coffee buzz added into every bite.
I don’t know about you, but I’m a coffee drinker all day long.
And one of my favorite ways to drink coffee is with a little bit of spice. That’s right, we’re going full-on Mexican spice in these bites, and I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. In fact, they’re probably my favorite variety of all of them so far!
Cinnamon. Clove. And a touch of cayenne to bring on a little heat.
Bites for breakfast. Bites for your mid-morning snack. Bites to get you through the afternoon. Bites after dinner to shut that sweet tooth up. Bites any time of the day!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup of honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips, (I use Enjoy Life)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flax, and cashew butter. Add in honey or brown rice syrup, mixing completely.
- Stir in spices, espresso powder, and mini chocolate chips.
- Form mixture into tablespoon-sized bites and lay them out onto a tray or baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before transferring to an air-tight container or food storage bag.
- Keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months. If freezing, take out at least 20 minutes before eating to thaw slightly.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
Looking for more healthy snacks?
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!