A bite-sized dessert that’s flavored with berries and plant-based ingredients without tasting healthy. Perfect for summer parties, patriotic holidays, and BBQs.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or StumbleUpon with the buttons above!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY VITAMIX. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER AWESOME BRANDS THAT HFHL LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN.
Summertime is for entertaining and parties. Summertime is for cool and refreshing foods. Summertime is for lemons & berries & peaches & all the fresh fruits you can think of!
But summer is also all about quick and easy so we can actually enjoy the season.
No fuss. No hassle.
Just easy things.
Easy recipes. Easy parties. Easy getaways.
The last thing I want when I’m invited to a party this summer and put on dessert duty is to have to come up with some extravagant recipe.
I want quick, easy, and relatively healthy (without it actually tasting healthy).
I want it to create as little dishes as possible so I’m not stuck inside all day cleaning up.
Which is why I am in love with my Vitamix and all it can do for me in the kitchen. It’s not just for smoothies. It’s not just for dressing and sauce.
It can be for dessert too!
And I’m not even talking about just the cheesecake part of the dessert I’m showing you today. I blended up the mixture for the cheesecake, but then I even made the crust right in the blender jar as well, only creating one dirty dish for the entire recipe.
Let’s talk about this for a second.
I was able to take whole almonds and dates and make a crust in about 30 seconds. No need for a second appliance like a food processor. No need for an extra bowl or knives. I just did a quick little rinse of the jar once I was finished with the crust, started adding in the cheesecake ingredients and got right to it, making the most smooth cheesecake filling ever!
My Vitamix A3500 is truly top of the line and is able to get it all done for me in the kitchen so I can spend my time with my family by the pool. Preferably with a drink in one hand and one of these cheesecake bites in the other.
In fact, I’d probably just blend up my 3-ingredient margaritas with a bunch of ice right in my Vitamix and take that over to the pool along with these little morsels of yum.
Whip these mini cheesecake bites up for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, or really any summer get together this year! You won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup dates , pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 13.5 ounce can of full fat coconut milk , refrigerated for 24 hours - you will only be using the solids
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- blueberries for garnish
- Line a mini cupcake pan with strips of parchment paper for easier removal of bites.
- In a high-speed blender, pulse together pitted dates and almonds until broken down. You should be able to press the mixture together and have it stick. Press about 2 tablespoon-fuls of mixture into cupcake pan cavities and set in refrigerator while mixing the cheesecake batter.
- Blend vegan cream cheese, coconut milk solids, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, & maple syrup until completely smooth.
- Remove half of the cream cheese mixture and set aside in the fridge. Add strawberries into remaining mixture and blend until smooth and batter is the color of your liking.
- Using a small scoop, add strawberry batter to cupcake until about halfway full. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scoop in plain cheesecake batter to the top of the cupcake tins. Freeze for 2 hours until completely set.
- To serve, remove from freezer 5 minutes prior. Place cupcake pan in a sink about 1-inch full of hot water. Pull parchment paper strips gently to remove cheesecakes. If you're having trouble removing them, run a knife around the edges to loosen.
- Top with blueberries and chopped strawberries. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly