Get back to basics and never step foot in a gym again, unless it’s the one in your home. At Home Workouts are where it’s at, and I’m going to tell you why today!
Where do you workout? A gym? At home? Outside? Not at all?
Well, let me tell you, I have tried all of those options, and there is one that continues to come back to me because it is the absolute best option for so many reasons. And that is working out at home.
Yes, I know, there are many people who go to the gym for a various number of reasons, whether it be the motivating factor of being around other people working out, a personal trainer, or group fitness classes. And those are all valid points. But I’m going to tell you all the reasons why working out at home could absolutely totally 100% change your life!
Let’s get right to it so you can get right to your workout!
1. Time. Our time is so freakin valuable isn’t it? We’re always saying how we wish there were more of it. So it’s important that we make the most of it. The time I save by working out at home as opposed to a gym is by far the biggest reason why I choose at home workouts. Total life-changer when you think about all the other things you could be doing with your time – like playing with your kids, making healthy meals for your family, or spending quality time with your spouse.
When you factor in getting all cute for the gym (you know you do it!), figuring out your child-care situation, driving to and from the gym, and waiting for machines at the gym you can see that there is a lot of time spent that could be saved just by working out at home. No reason to “gussy up” at home. No need to find child care at home. No drive to the gym. And you an have easy access to all the equipment you need right at home.
Starting with this super simple, basic, and affordable dumbbell set. If you buy nothing else in starting your home-gym, this is it. This is all you really need to get an effective workout and start breaking a sweat.
I have these dumbbells and they are totally versatile and perfect for all my workouts.
2. Instant Stress-Relief. Number 2 on my reasons for working out at home. Working out is a natural stress reliever. It knocks out frustration. It soothes your mind. It calms the emotions. It really just brings out all those happy endorphins that we need!
But when I’m stressed and emotions are running high, the last thing I want to do is actually get ready and make the trek to the gym. Plus, I really don’t want to have to deal with the people there when I’m feeling stressed.
Having the option to just zone out whenever I need it with just a moment’s notice is such a great pull for me to have a home gym.
3. Confidence. Going to the gym can actually cause a lot of people stress. Myself included! I sometimes feel like I have to be “skinny enough” to be working out with other fit people. Or “buff enough” to hang out at the weight racks. Or “cute enough” to be like the other girls at the gym. First of all, these thoughts totally suck. But they happen. We all probably battle with them to some extent.
Working out at home takes all of that away. You no longer have to worry about anyone else but yourself. You won’t be paralyzed by worrying what other people are thinking about you. You will be able to have a kick-ass workout that is focused on you and just you.
4. Money-Saver. This one’s a total no-brainer. Sure, there a couple pieces of equipment you may need to purchase for your at home workouts, but when it comes down to it, there’s not much you need. Like I said before, all you really need to get started are a couple of dumbbells. Most gyms charge a hefty membership fee on top of startup fees, and often penalty fees if you cancel your contract.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking to save each and every penny I have earned, and I’m happy to say that working out at home has helped me to get out of debt faster. Can’t argue with that!
5. Simplicity. Working out at a gym can be ridiculously overwhelming. All the machines. All the classes. All the equipment. All of it.
Stripping all that away and getting back to basics with a floor, your own body-weight, and a couple of dumbbells for some resistance, and you are on your way honey. That’s it. That’s all there is to it. You don’t need anything fancy schmancy to get fit and healthy.
So there you have it. Once I made the decision to commit to at home workouts, my life totally changed in all of these ways. Knowing that my kiddo can work on his homework and ask questions while I am getting fit right in the same room is so awesome. I’m able to be present to my family while still reaching my goals.
If you’re ready to get your at home workouts started and aren’t sure where to get started, just pick up these free weights, find a workout on my Fitness page or my Pinterest board, and just get started! The weights will be delivered right to your door within a few days, and you’ll be on your way to getting fit and healthy in no time!