This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
Looking for a super easy dessert that you can whip up in no time this holiday season? This Quick & Easy Frozen Peppermint Mocha Tiramisu is the perfect recipe for your entertaining needs.
I love to entertain and make treats to share with my friends and family. But it always seems to be that my desserts for other people fail. There’s always some sort of stress involved. The cheesecake won’t set up. The cookies are flat and falling apart. The bundt cake just won’t come out of the pan in one piece. Of course, I can bake just fine when it’s just at home for no special occasion, but when there’s the pressure of making something for others, there is a huge probability that I will mess it up. Not this time though! This is totally fail-proof!
I’ll be honest. I took a couple of short-cuts to get to this point, but they were totally worth it. I had full intentions of making you a real authentic tiramisu today, but well – did you know that Lady Fingers are really difficult to find? And did you know that mascarpone cheese requires me to take out a freaking loan? Also – I don’t have Brandy on hand in my bar and didn’t want to fight the holiday crowds to buy a whole bottle just for the 1-2 Tablespoons I needed for the recipe.
So yes, shortcuts were made, but they made no difference in the taste of this heavenly treat! Nilla wafers instead of lady fingers. Mousse mix instead of the mascarpone nonsense. Kahlua that I had on hand instead of the brandy. And instead of using milk in the mousse mix, I used my favorite Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer, which added a huge spike of holiday flavor. Seriously genious moves here. It came together in about 10 minutes. I popped it in the freezer for a few hours. And then it was done and tasted like I spent hours on it! Heck, you could even make it the day before your entertaining festivities!
Forget the fact that it’s freezing outside and that I’m making a frozen treat. I promise it won’t matter the second your guests take a bite and you see them melt from the flavor.
- 1 package milk chocolate mousse mix, (I used Dr Oetker's brand)
- 1 cup Nestle's Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha Creamer
- 50-55 Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
- 1 cup strong espresso, , chilled
- 1-2 Tablespoons Kahlua
- 1-2 ounce of Mint Dark Chocolate, , for garnish
- Combine mousse mix and peppermint mocha creamer in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium to high speed for about 5 minutes or until it's the consistency of a light whipped cream.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with Nilla Wafers. I was able to do 4 rows of 4 and then placed 3 rows of 3 on top of that in the gaps. (here's an image if you're confused)
- Mix espresso and Kahlua in a small bowl. Spoon half of that mixture over the Nilla Wafers.
- Top wafers with mousse mixture. Add another layer of wafers, Kahlua+espresso, and mousse.
- With a zester, shave chocolate shavings on the top of the mousse.
- Cover and place in the freezer for a few hours so it sets completely. When ready to serve, cut with a knife that you've run through warm water for easier removal.
Another shortcut I took in this creation was making my stop at Walmart. I had to run over there to pick up a few gifts and gift-wrap, so it was super easy to just swing by the dairy section to grab the creamer I needed for the recipe. One-stop shopping. I’m so all about the shortcuts during the holiday season. Ain’t nobody got time for multiple trips!
Nestle has been so generous to give some awesome gift baskets away for the holidays. 8 winners will receive a $100 Nestle gift basket and 2 winners will receive a $400 grand prize Nestle gift basket.