Don’t forget to check me out over at Bakerette.com today! I’ve made something delicious over there too!
Another Independence Day has come to an end, and the fireworks are over. But I feel like summer is just getting started! There are so many more chances for all the summer treats to take place. One thing I wish I had was a backyard fire pit. (Shoot, I’d be happy with a backyard for starters!) I have a feeling I would sit out at our fire pit just about every single night if we had one. Drinking refreshing adult drinks, enjoying the semi-cool (but still pretty dang hot) nights, and just enjoying being outside.
I would also use it as an excuse to roast my homemade fluffy marshmallows, and sandwich them between fresh fruit, a Hershey’s chocolate square, and my homemade chocolate chip graham crackers (which are to DIE for, if I do say so myself) on a pretty regular basis. There is just something about these fresh and homemade ingredients that make these s’mores absolutely out of this world. I’ve had my fair share of s’mores, that’s for sure. But these… these are no regular s’mores. They are full of flavor. They are something you’ve never had before. A true dessert.
Without my fire pit that I dream about, I’ve had to resort to broiling these babies in the oven, which is just fine too, and they are just as delicious (although missing the semi-burnt campfire taste). But every time I put them under the broiler, I get a little nervous. It’s very possible that one day about 6 years ago, I started a small fire in my parents’ oven while trying to make s’mores brownies. It sounded so simple and tasty. Until smoke started billowing out of the oven and I realized the marshmallows had puffed too high and hit the broiler, starting a fire. What a disaster! Needless to say, this was not one of my proudest moments, and I’m definitely very cautious when there’s a marshmallow + oven situation happening. My words of advice: keep your oven rack low and keep your eye on the game!
With that being said, there is not much more to be said. Keep enjoying summer with these babies. My Fresh Fruit-Filled S’mores are bound to keep the season hoppin’!
- 2 squares of graham crackers, (Homemade Chocolate Chip Graham Crackers)
- 1 large marshmallow, (Homemade Fluffy Marshmallows)
- 1 strawberry sliced
- 3-4 slices of banana
- 1 miniature Hershey bar square
- Place a Hershey's chocolate square and fruit slices on one side of the graham cracker.
- If you are toasting your marshmallow over a fire, toast it to your liking before sandwiching it between the two graham crackers, chocolate, and fruit.
- If you are using a broiler, place marshmallow on the second graham cracker. Put both sides of the graham cracker, face up, on a baking sheet. Put under the broiler in your oven for about a minute, but keep your eyes on it! Marshmallows brown and puff up quickly! Once browned to your liking, remove from the oven and sandwich together.
- Grab napkins and enjoy!!
Recipe Featured on: Sweet Bella Roos