This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
Find out what makes this DIRTY DIRTY CHAI extra dirty!
I swear, I thought people said things were supposed to get less stressful and less busy after the holidays. I’m officially angry with every single person who told me it would slow down after the new year. Okay, so not really angry, but definitely disappointed. What I wouldn’t give for a slow week… heck, I’d even take a day!
But this year so far I’ve added even more to my plate! I’m working out 6 days a week, something that is making me both incredibly energetic and exhausted all at the same time. I’m so happy to be back into the swing of things.
Plus I’m working on an amazing project that is going to change your life. Seriously. Get excited!
I’m also taking both a blogging class and a photography class.
And of course all the normal daily working mom things I get to do.
It is definitely time for me to find a way to slow down and take a moment for myself this weekend!
It is no secret that I’m a coffee-holic. I cannot get enough… well until the jitters set in… then that’s enough.
But my point is that I freakin’ love it. I can’t start my day without a mug full of caffeine. I always start with coffee and then sometimes I get another one or sometimes it’s a mug of chai tea (Bigelow Chai Tea is my favorite). The only problem is that sometimes I can’t decide which to have.
Maybe you’ve heard of a dirty chai. It is the best of both worlds. Chai tea combined with a strong shot of coffee. Tell me that’s not heaven in a mug! No? You want more?
Don’t worry, I gotcha. Cause I know that some days call for something more than just caffeine. Seriously.
There is nothing wrong with adding a little kick to your mug, whether it’s your second mug or your nightcap. I made this Dirty Chai even dirtier with a shot of spiced rum.
I needed this. A mug full of “me time.” A mug that made life slow down for just a little bit. A mug that warmed me from the inside out! Life stood still for those 30 minutes of sipping on this sweet creation.
- 2 cups plain & unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tea bags of Bigelow Black Spiced Chai tea
- 1.5 ounce shot of spiced rum
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 teaspoons Truvia
- dash cinnamon, , for garnish, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat 2 cups of almond milk with 3 bags of tea on low. Whisk occasionally as the spices begin to release. Heat until just about to simmer, keeping a close eye on it so as the milk doesn't burn. Once heated thoroughly (about 10 minutes), remove from heat.
- In each mug, pour a 1.5 ounce shot of spiced rum, a 1/3 cup of coffee or espresso, and 1 teaspoon of Truvia or other sweetener of your choice.
- Froth Milk (optional): with an immersion blender, blend the heated milk until frothy. Pour immediately into mugs.
- If you don't care for the froth, just go ahead and pour in the heated milk.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
I got lucky and was able to find both the Bigelow tea and Truvia sweetener that I needed for this beverage at Target. There’s something amazing about Target. It’s like me-time from the moment I walk through the “$1 Spot,” make my way to the shoes, the cute home decor that makes me feel like I need to redecorate my entire house, and finally at all.the.makeup. The only thing that would make Target better is being able to walk around sipping on this Dirty Dirty Chai.
But hey, at least I can buy everything I need while I’m there. Well, except for the rum… but don’t worry, that’s always on hand in my bar!
If you would like to try Truvía® Natural Sweetener before purchasing, please request your free sample at truvia.com/freesample today!
Also, you can get a $0.55 coupon for Bigelow Tea here.
So I’ve shared how I made “me-time” happen for me. What does your “me-time” look like?
Looking for more cozy beverages?
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!