Can you believe, two months into the New Year, and I’m still seeing a ton of healthy recipes all over the internet! The exciting thing is that I’m eating them too. I’ve been nomming on salads, veggies, real whole grains, and just a ton of things that are good for me. I have definitely been feeling better because of that! I will tell you, as a vegetarian, one of the hardest parts of trying to live a healthy lifestyle is making sure I’m getting enough protein. One of my favorite things to do is lift weights and tone my muscles. Well, without the proper protein, the muscles I’m trying to build are just going to stop repairing themselves and stay small.
As you can imagine, I am always on the lookout for healthy sources of lean protein that don’t include a ton of fat and haven’t moo-ed at any time of their lives. The solution: Egg Whites! But then there’s a ton of waste with all those extra yolks, and let me tell you, this girl does not need custard after her workouts. So when I heard about AllWhites® egg whites, and they wanted me to create a recipe using their amazing product, I was totally on board. All Whites has 5 grams of protein, 25 calories, and is a fat- and cholesterol-free alternative to traditional eggs in a shell.
With all of that being said, I knew the true test was going to be the taste test, not only for my super open-minded palate, but for my son’s tastebuds as well. I knew I could use All Whites in any recipe that called for eggs, but I really wanted to up the health-factor with lots of veggies too. I already knew my kiddo was a fan of my quiche, I just didn’t know if he was going to welcome JUST egg whites quite as much.
Well, the verdict is officially in: It’s a winner! There was no complaining. No whining. No picking at it. Only eating and mm-mmmm-ing!
- 32 ounce package of AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 large bunch of spinach, , washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, , diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray a deep-dish pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer the pan with spinach, peppers, mushrooms, and feta. Pour the entire package of AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites over the vegetables. Top with Mozzarella.
- Place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until eggs are mostly set and the cheese has browned to a golden-brown color.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy topped with fresh salsa and a side of fruit.