This CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COCONUT CHIA PUDDING is a a superfood healthy snack full of a ton of flavor.
So many of our senses are used when it comes to eating before we even take that first bite. First we are drawn in by the scents that we smell. That’s what brings us down to the kitchen when someone’s baking something. Smells will wake me up from a deep sleep to find out what deliciousness is going on in the kitchen. Oh and the smell of coffee that’s been scheduled to start brewing 10 minutes before my alarm goes off… brilliant!
But I think even more so, I eat with my eyes. All the colors. All the food styling. The prettier the food, the better I’m sure it’s going to taste. I’m a texture person when it comes to food, and I’m going to be completely honest with you here. Chia pudding looks absolutely disgusting. Am I right?
When I very first saw chia pudding, I couldn’t imagine ever actually eating something like that. The thought of all those little nasty gooey gross
bugs seeds in my mouth sounded anything but appetizing…
Until I actually gave in and tried it…
If you’re skeptical about chia pudding, you’ve got to just get over it. I promise you, it will be worth it.
1. Chia is versatile. You can really do any flavor here. Coconut. Chocolate. Strawberry. Coffee. Peanut Butter + Chocolate. And then on top of the actual pudding, think of all the toppings. You can really go anywhere here. The possibilities are endless!
2. Chia is a superfood. Let me just name the ways – protein, antioxidents, fiber, omega-3’s, low-calorie, energy boosting, and so much more. These little seeds pack a punch!
So I seriously suggest that if you are one of those who eats with their eyes like I do, maybe just blindfold yourself during this one. Something. Anything so that you can convince yourself to give the chia pudding a try. Yes it’s weird. Yes I never thought I’d be eating those same little seeds that grow hair out of terra cotta heads, but boy are they yummy!
And the salty-sweet combo I have going on with the cranberries and pistachios is absolutely to die for. Such an unlikely, but smart, combination!
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend, (I use Almond Breeze brand)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, , roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Combine chia seeds and milk in a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the seeds and milk have set and come to a pudding-like consistency, you can build your pudding cups.
- On the bottom of a small cup or container, sprinkle a handful of dried cranberries and pistachios. Top with half the chia pudding and another handful of cranberries and pistachios. Repeat for one more cup.
You can really use any milk in this recipe. I use the coconut almond blend to give it that hint of coconut, and I also prefer it to be vegan. But you can choose whatever milk you're comfortable with.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a picture, upload it to Instagram and tag me (@happyfoodholly) and use the hashtag #inspiredbyholly
Looking for more Chia recipes?
Pomegranate Coconut Chia Pudding – Tried & Tasty
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding – Happy Food Healthy Life
Coconut Almond Chia Pudding – Food Babbles
Healthy Peppermint Chia Cookies – Happy Food Healthy LIfe
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, or StumbleUpon with the buttons below!