So earlier this week when I announced our disappointing news, I mentioned that I may not be up to par when it comes to blog work. I may be here some weeks, other weeks maybe not so much. When I said that, I had no intention of actually getting a recipe up for you guys this week. The last thing I’ve wanted to do is bake, let alone take pictures of the final product and write about it. Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely LOVE blogging and everything involved in the process. But this just isn’t the week for my best work.
So anyway, I wasn’t planning on it. I had intentions of pulling a recipe from the archives and blasting it all over Facebook so you’d think it was new. (not that i’ve ever done that before…) But yesterday morning as I was checking my email, a recipe caught my eye. Coconut Latte Smoothie using just a few ingredients that I already had! Do you remember yesterday’s post where I mentioned having “staples?” You know, things people know you for? Well, Coconut and Coffee are two of things that people think of when they think of me. So with my birthday this week, I just knew it was fitting to serve up a beverage that suited me and my thirty-year-old taste buds.
And for all you non-caffeine consumers, don’t you worry your pretty little faces. I’m still taking it easy on the caffeine, so I just used a decaf coffee, and it was still pretty dang perfect.
The only things that aren’t perfect about today’s post despite the fact that you’re actually getting one:
* This is my first photo shoot in the new home and I don’t know the best spot for lighting.
* I edited and picked fonts quickly for these pics and am not in love with them.
* I possibly cried tears into my drink… le sigh…
- 1/2 cup lite unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 shot espresso OR 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (substitute decaf if desired)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Adapted from MyVega.com