Okay, here’s the thing. I am 100% over sweet treats … well, for today. No but really, for the most part, I am so sick of the sugary stuff that makes me feel like crap. I didn’t do all that bad over the holidays, but I definitely could have done better. About two days before Christmas, I just couldn’t wait for it to be over and move on to the opposite of peppermint bark, cheese balls, and gingerbread men. I started thinking about all the healthy food I wanted to create, and then I got to planning. You guys, I am so excited for everything I have planned in January! I sure hope you are on a health kick in January, because that is where we are taking this!
Next week kicks off Smoothie week. The following week, we may or may not be tackling tofu. I pretty much have the whole month of January planned out here on the blog, and I couldn’t be more excited about it!
Today we are just starting off with a super easy but super healthy and fresh lunch or dinner idea. Besides the time it takes to roast the veggies, this is really a simple dish. The hands-on time is only about 5 minutes, and you could do other things around the house while the veggies are roasting. Do the dishes, fold the laundry, or even get a quick workout in while you’re waiting. Make it happen!
I’ve gotta tell you what my favorite types of meals are. The kind where the majority of the ingredients come from the produce section of the grocery store. You can just taste the freshness! You can pretty much hear your body thanking you for all the nutrients you are feeding it.
THIS is one of those meals! As I was thinking this one up, I thought, “Well, this could go one of two ways. It’s either going to be really really bland and flavorless. Or it’s going to rock my socks off.” Let’s just say this…. my feet are cold!! But my belly is happy! The chipotle flavor combined with the roasted veggies. Yup, it’s a definite winner!
- 4 bell peppers, , any colors, sliced
- 1 onion, , sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, , sliced
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans, , drained and rinsed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup chipotle hot sauce, (I used Bufalo brand)
- 6 Flatout Whole Wheat Wraps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sliced onions and peppers on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place mushrooms, black beans, and corn on a separate baking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil on each baking sheet and toss to coat. Roast veggies in preheated oven for 40 minutes, tossing about halfway through the bake time.
- While veggies are roasting, combine hummus and chipotle hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Once veggies are roasted and softened, spread about 2-3 Tablespoons of chipotle hummus on each Flatout. Top with roasted veggies, roll up, cut into two pieces, and enjoy.
Looking for more fun? Follow me on Pinterest where the fun continues!