Stress and a hectic life can easily take over if you’re not careful. Why not use these tips to find balance in your every day responsibilities!
Looking at my life on paper, I’ve got a lot going on. I get asked all the time how I get by on so little sleep and am up at 4 in the morning every day. People ask me how I work full time in a very fast-paced accounting office job, run a business, a home, and still live a healthy lifestyle.
Most of the time, I just shake my head in disbelief that this is actually my crazy life and that I’m actually functioning in it without complete meltdowns. I usually don’t have a very good answer besides the fact that I’m losing my mind and am constantly sleep-deprived.
But when it comes down to it, there are some actual tools that help me to get through each and every day a little more sane than I would otherwise. And with how many people ask me how I balance it all, I thought they’d be worth sharing. They’re simple, do-able, and life-saving!
1. Working out. I don’t know what I’d do without fitness at least 3 times a week. Not to get a hot body. But to relief stress and recharge. I know it seems counterproductive to take time out of your busy day to work out, but I promise you, this is time well-spent. Just 30 minutes of cardio and/or strength training, and you get a burst in energy, a feeling of confidence, and you feel like you may be able to take on the world. Exactly what you need in order to tackle your ever-growing lists.
2. Making lists. Perfect segway. I’m a list girl. I’ve got to have a list of things to fill my entire day. If it needs to be done, it’s going on the list. Even little tiny things like, “research apps for video collages on Instagram.” (do you know a good one?) For one, if I don’t put it on the list, I’ll forget that I have to do it. For two, if it’s not on the list and I start doing it, I won’t be able to get to the other important things on my list. So make a list, prioritize, schedule, make it happen!
3. Take time to unwind. What’s that one thing that helps you relax? A bubble bath once a week? A nightly glass of wine? Reading a good book first thing in the morning? Meditating? Whatever it is, make sure you make it happen. With all the go-go-go, it’s important to take just a few minutes to just let it all go. And of course, make sure you schedule it in on the to-do list!
4. Ask for help. Seriously. Don’t think you have to do it all alone. As women, we feel like we have to be and do everything. But in reality, there are so many people out there willing to help. Neighbors, friends, parents, siblings, co-workers, whatever. You are not alone. All you have to do is ask. Swallow that big ball of pride you carry around and ask for a little help. More often than not, you’ll get an outpouring of assistance and a weight will be lifted off your shoulders.
5. Accept help. This one may be even harder than asking for help because you start to realize that it would really be easier if you just did whatever it is you needed help with. So you just have to put trust in the fact that the help you have been offered will relieve you of one of your duties and that everything will be okay.
There are some times though that I truly do not have someone to turn to. My siblings or parents do not live super close and I don’t really have friends in the neighborhood. So I have had to look for help in managing my stress in other ways. I was so shocked to hear that there’s actually a natural remedy for dealing with stress. RESCUE Remedy.
RESCUE Remedy is an all-natural product that helps remedy stress, anxiousness, and an over-active mind that just won’t shut off at night. I’ve begun using the RESCUE pastilles and feel so much more relaxed and focused at work, where in the past, my mind was all over the place thinking about a million things. I always worry about these sorts of things being habit-forming, but that hasn’t been an issue at all. RESCUE contains the following natural ingredients:
Rock Rose for confidence & composure
Impatiens for patience & tolerance
Clematis for focus & motivation
Star of Bethlehem for comfort & reassurance
Cherry Plum for self-control & stability
Nothing else. Nothing harmful. Nothing weird. It’s created by a doctor, so it’s actually trust-worthy.
So that, my friends, is how I balance my life. There are a lot of balls up in the air that I’m constantly juggling, but with these tips, it’s rare that any of them come crashing down on me. Granted, there are definitely some fumbles here and there, but nothing detrimental.
How do you balance your busy life and handle stress?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.