- 5 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of agave
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (6 Tablespoons of water + 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seeds)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 2/3 cup + 1 2/3 cup of whole wheat pastry flour , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt , divided
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon of baking soda , divided
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 375.
In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add agave, vanilla extract, greek yogurt, applesauce, and flax egg.
Using a fork, mix until combined. Divide into 2 bowls.
In one bowl of the banana mixture, add cocoa powder, half the flour, salt, and baking soda. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined.
In the other bowl, add just the remaining flour, salt, and baking soda.
Fold in the mini chocolate chips into the chocolate batter. Fold in the peanut butter chips into the other batter.
Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner (or spray with pam so muffins don't stick to pan if not using liner).
Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 15-17 minutes. Serve