Over the years, I am finding that I really suck at shopping for other people, even if I know the person I’m shopping for really well. For instance, my wife. She’s my best friend. I know her better than anyone else in this world. But do I have any idea what to get her for Christmas? Absolutely not. So I’m asking her to pretty much shop for herself, send me the online links, and I’ll take care of the rest. She’ll get what she wants, she’ll act surprised, and everyone will be happy. And I’ll be a whole lot less stressed.
So I thought maybe you would like to know some of the things a happy and healthy person may want to find under the tree this year. Whether you are the one who wants these gifts for yourselves and will be putting them on your list, or you are trying to help a loved one achieve their health and happiness goals, this is the list for you. No, it is not all-inclusive. There are a ton of things that will help you to reach your goals. But these are just a few of my favorites.
1. A membership to Bountiful Baskets or some other produce/food co-op in your area. Many times, local food is grown in a community garden and distributed out to members of the co-op for a small price. The produce is always fresh, and often times you end up with a fruit or veggie that is new to you and you get to try it out for the first time. Definitely a fantastic way to get more fruits and veggies in your body!
2. Gaiam Tree of Life Yoga Mat. As a lover of all things yoga, I think it’s so important to have a quality yoga mat that will keep you confident, stable, and not slipping and sliding all around the place. Having a place to start your day with yoga, meditation, or just stretching has been such a life-saver for me.
3. Blendtec high-speed Blender. I do not know where I would be without my Blendtec. Honestly, it has taken the place of so many other appliances. It can make smoothies. It can grind wheat into whole wheat flour. It can make peanut butter right from peanuts. It can make healthy salad dressings. It can truly do it all. At the price offered, it truly is worth every single penny spent.
4. Perfectly Imperphect Shirts. This shop is full of shirts with inspirational sayings on them. Ones that make you feel good about yourself as you go about your day.
5. Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband. Such a cool product that measures your activity as well as your down time. And you just sync it up online to see how you are doing. I know I always motivate myself when I see how well I’m doing throughout the day. And being able to record my sleeping patterns really helps me to work on getting better sleep.
6. Erin Condren Life Planners. This is my brain. Seriously. Erin Condren Life Planners have changed my life. I used to fly by the seat of my pants with no clue what I was doing. What was I eating? When was I working out and what would I be doing? When are my appointments? Wasn’t I supposed to email someone? Didn’t I want to buy something? So many things in my head, and they’re all now recorded in my EC Life Planner.
7. Contigo Autoseal Water Bottle. I just love this water bottle. As we know, we must get in lots and lots of water every day in order to function properly. So to encourage me to do this, I’ve got to have a water bottle that I love. This Contigo Water Bottle is great because it’s simple and stylish, but also, when I throw it in my bag, there’s no chance of it spilling everywhere. Also, no straws! I think water bottle straws are so gross, so that’s another brownie point for the Contigo!
8. Beauty Redefined Bracelets. This organization, Beauty Redefined, focuses on body love, ending negative self-talk, and understanding that we are so much more than just being hot. Beauty is what you define it to be, and these cute little bracelets are a simple reminder of that. You can get them in packs of 2, 4, or 25, so be sure to share the message with your friends! Beauty Redefined’s store also has a bunch of other awesome and empowering products, so look around!
Welp, that’s that. I think these products are fantastic and hope that helps you in making the decision on what to buy the happy and healthy person in your life. That, or just put it all on your wish list!