Oh what a week it has been for me! This is the first post I’ve written in over a week, and boy do I feel out of the loop. Let me just tell you a few things that have been going on here (you do care, don’t you??):
* My son was gone for a week on vacation with his dad, and I was much less productive than I planned to be. I mostly just slept at any moment I could find a chance. Apparently I was tired!
* We’ve had to get my kiddo OUT of vacation-mode and back into school mode for his last two days of kindergarten this week.
* I’ve been dealing with a whole hell of a lot of money-related stress. If you’re interested in that part of my life, feel free to check out my personal blog.
* I spent a large amount of my main blog-work day last week sitting through an awesome tattoo that I can’t wait to show you once it’s complete!
Okay, so maybe these are just excuses, but really, when it comes down to it… I just needed the break. I’m still tired and feel like I could sleep for months. I’m still super stressed and have so much in my head that has been distracting me from blogging and baking.
But today I’m bringing you something that has distracted me from everything going on in my life right now. I enjoy baking. It relieves stress. It keeps my mind off of money-related woes. It gives me something new to focus on. Granted, I had a whole new host of issues with my messy blackberry filling as it dripped while I was setting up my photo props. But regardless of that, I was able to escape. Even if just for an hour or so. It was enough for me to just breathe. To just be a baker. To just make a mess in my kitchen. To just create deliciousness for my tastebuds, and hope you find it delicious too!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour , sifted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- for cream filling:
- 3 cups powdered sugar , sifted and divided
- 1/3 cup butter , softened
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries , pureed in a food processor
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat butter, sugar, and water in a large saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
Add dry ingredients and beat in eggs. Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-14 minutes. After cookies have cooled, sandwich 2 cookies together with cream filling.
for cream filling:
Blend 1 cup powdered sugar with butter. Beat in remaining powdered sugar and blackberry puree alternately. Use your judgement and don't add all the puree at once. You want the filling to be able to hold it's thickness. More puree will make it thinner. More powdered sugar will make it thicker.
Click on the icon below for nutritional information on this recipe: